Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Average cost of RFD transfer?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

Average cost of RFD transfer?

Hi all,

I've seen an air rifle I fancy on a gun shops website in Scotland, now contacting said shop I've been told it's going to cost £55 to transfer from them and what ever my local RFD will charge to recieve it (probably at least £25), I've never done this before with rifles (only VCR act parts), does around £80 sound about right?

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Hi all,

I've seen an air rifle I fancy on a gun shops website in Scotland, now contacting said shop I've been told it's going to cost £55 to transfer from them and what ever my local RFD will charge to recieve it (probably at least £25), I've never done this before with rifles (only VCR act parts), does around £80 sound about right?

Cheers

Pete
    When I bought my E Type, the remote RFD only charged the guy postage, my RDF charged me £25 and a previous receipt was £15 so it may depend on whether they have to do anything other than accept the parcel

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Where is the shop located mate?.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Mmmm....So far, a selling RFD have waived their charge, I have paid the receiving RFD anything between £18 and £25. This is within the last two years and about eight transactions......

Mmm, I would expect that most Scottish RFD's are finding the sale of Airguns somewhat slow at the moment so I would expect a somewhat more realistic approach at the moment!

Regarding receiving costs, this would be around £20 - £30 depending on how much money you have spend with the RFD and indeed if he sells something similar!

At your end it's easy, just ask your RFD what he charges

With the new Scottish law there is probably a load of paperwork as they're now "on ticket" but £55 does seem a bit high even remembering that some of it will be postage that you'd pay anyway.

I've only done it with a sect 1 rifle & the shipping was part of the advertised price on Gunstar.

the shop local to me charges £40 I'm sure he said ,the RFD that works from home was £25 but that was a year ago. might be different now.

as barrel asked, what shop as if some one is local they may pick it up and post it down to you. not sure how that would work with AWC . as mine is on my firearms till renewal I may not be able to pick if up If it was at my local shop.

All the receiving RFD has to do is take delivery (& maybe unwrap) and record the buyers details!!! No notifications to do. I don't charge fa.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Ask again with a Scots accent.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Where is the shop located mate?.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    In Glasgow.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    In Glasgow.

Pete
    Thats a pity Pete, if it was Edinburgh I could well have collected and posted down to you if that was something you wanted.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I'm up the top end so I can't help.

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    All the receiving RFD has to do is take delivery (& maybe unwrap) and record the buyers details!!! No notifications to do. I don't charge fa.
    you would hope they all did like you. you know my local shop. anything to make money.

yes I understand they need to make money but as DedIdick has said above, is that going to cost £25 quid?

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Thats a pity Pete, if it was Edinburgh I could well have collected and posted down to you if that was something you wanted.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Many thanks for even thinking of doing such a kind act.

Cheers

Pete

There may not be physically a lot of work for the receiving RFD to do when he takes the item, but he has to pay for his shop, the overheads, and staff wages who are there to deal, etc. ie it is expensive for the gunshop to exist.
    That is what the £25 or whatever is paying for!