Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Average cost of RFD transfer?

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    There may not be physically a lot of work for the receiving RFD to do when he takes the item, but he has to pay for his shop, the overheads, and staff wages who are there to deal, etc. ie it is expensive for the gunshop to exist.
    That is what the £25 or whatever is paying for!
    This has been discussed before on here and everyone is entitled to their opinion. My take on it is in most cases its excessive for what usually equates to fifteen minutes work, that's £100.00 per hour. This type of service is not the life blood of most gun shops.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

£25-£30 seems to be the going rate, but for a selling RFD they should only charge postage, bit cheeky also charging transfer fee.

Rfd charges ..

Well I think its a,,,,Rip Off ..see a nice cheap gun and then another £50 to £60 on top ,got you by the short ones ,,,again

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    Was going to buy a 2nd hand gun from BAR. Think they charge around £17 to post to RFD. My local RFD was going to charge £10 to receive it. Thought that was reasonable.
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

The shop gets the sale, TNT courier, gun trade costs max £25, possibly £15, PF contract around that or less if used -

For doing paper work on RFD who receives, inc fax or e mail to sending RFD - charge to you, max £25, typical for firearms, writing on ticket included - Airguns nearly as much hassle

So if total cost is more than 50 quid - you're being fleeced imo
    When I've done it's generally been £15 for sending from seller to just cover postage/courier, and £15 for air gun or £25 for firearms on RFD picking up from -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34