Thread: Prosport safety button twang

Prosport safety button twang

Hello.

I have just bought a new Prosport and after only about 20 shots the safety button has started to make a twang when pressed in.

You can hear and feel it through the stock and it sounds like a spring kind of sound.

It only lasts a couple of seconds.

Anybody got any ideas..?

Many thanks

Tony
    EV2 - Nikko 10- 50 x 60 --- with a smart silver stripe which matches my car.. "BLING BLING"

And a very sexy GML

back to the shop will be the best idea. unless you bought it from the shooting show.then it would be back to AIR ARMS.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Try pressing the safety when you fire, if this stops the ping just put some grease on the safety spring.

Quote Originally Posted by EV2UK View Post
    Hello.

I have just bought a new Prosport and after only about 20 shots the safety button has started to make a twang when pressed in.

You can hear and feel it through the stock and it sounds like a spring kind of sound.

It only lasts a couple of seconds.

Anybody got any ideas..?

Many thanks

Tony
    I have greased the spring on mine with a thick sticky grease, no more twang.

A.G

The twang / ping isn't when it's fired it's when the safety button is pressed in after cocking.

It's a high-ish pitching ping which can be heard in the chassis.

The safety button must be catching on the middle sear??
    EV2 - Nikko 10- 50 x 60 --- with a smart silver stripe which matches my car.. "BLING BLING"

And a very sexy GML

I have cleaned and just polished the CD trigger on both my TX and Prosport and I consider the trigger the weak point of the rifles. I did post about what I found when I took my prosport trigger apart. AA seem to have escaped no attempt to save money on these. Some are good and some are well not fit for purpose.
    I also don't know how on earth the reviewers keep on comparing the CD to a Rekord ? They are not doing their credibility any favours. Both my HW springers with the Rekord trigger needed just a simple tweak to the factory set up and not a total regrind of the sears like the CD ( no I didn't do the regrind, just cleaned and regreased them ) to function properly.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I have cleaned and just polished the CD trigger on both my TX and Prosport and I consider the trigger the weak point of the rifles. I did post about what I found when I took my prosport trigger apart. AA seem to have escaped no attempt to save money on these. Some are good and some are well not fit for purpose.
    I also don't know how on earth the reviewers keep on comparing the CD to a Rekord ? They are not doing their credibility any favours. Both my HW springers with the Rekord trigger needed just a simple tweak to the factory set up and not a total regrind of the sears like the CD ( no I didn't do the regrind, just cleaned and regreased them ) to function properly.

A.G
    What year of manufacturer do you think is at fault here. Or is it a sporadic problem; I have to say my 2004 PS trigger is fine and I've never had the need to adjust it. The safety button needed removing, cleaned and re lubed though some time back.

Quick update but no fix at moment.

Taken the action out of the stock and if I cock the rifle and leave the cocking arm fully open and then press the safety button in the cocking arm jumps ever so slightly.

the middle sear can be seen to jump forward when looking through the trigger unit when the safety is pressed.

I have tried adjusting the trigger and a small amount of spray oil into the safety button but nothing has helped..

the pinging / ringing noise can also be heard when the rifle is cocked.

Not great for almost 48 hours old..

And a very sexy GML

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    What year of manufacturer do you think is at fault here. Or is it a sporadic problem; I have to say my 2004 PS trigger is fine and I've never had the need to adjust it. The safety button needed removing, cleaned and re lubed though some time back.
    Both my guns are just over a year old now.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Both my guns are just over a year old now.

A.G
    Oh I see; quite recent then. A bit concerning if QC is being slipped here and there. I remember the past when Air Arms was excellent in this department when the wonderful, but sadly now departed Mr Nickols accompanied alongside that innovative lovely gentleman the late Mr Sanders were once running the business. I like to think my brilliant TX200SR and Pro Sport is a lasting testimony to their commitment to the finest engineering standards.

I encountered the same thing with an old tx once.
    On pushing the safety off it would ring, it was most annoying.
    Removed safety applied a bit of moly grease. It was still there the noise...
    In the end I found it to be the top sear spring in trigger unit vibrating..
    Somebody before me had cleaned unit out but forgot to grease the spring lightly..
    I applied a bit of moly to spring and it sorted the problem for me..

That's sounds exactly right.
    A 'ring' would be the best word to describe it.

I've emailed the shop I bought it from as I'm not overly happy that it has this problem withing 48hours.

If I get no joy from them I'll look at striping, cleaning, polishing and luring the sears..... This was always my intention anyway.

Tony

And a very sexy GML