Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW100 any good ?

HW100 any good ?

Toying with getting one, opinions from owners please. Did the dodgy batch of HW barrels effect the 110 ? what date was the barrel scandal ? Doh, mods please amend the title, I ment the HW110

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Toying with getting one, opinions from owners please. Did the dodgy batch of HW barrels effect the 110 ? what date was the barrel scandal ? Doh, mods please amend the title, I ment the HW110
    Cant help you with dates but a guy at our club bought a HW110 last week and its laser accurate no problems with his barrel.

Tut ...

The barrel problems did affect the 110, would think it should be ok now. The suspect ones are not fully threaded there are some pics on the net. Hull have serial numbers for affected models.

I think you find they have sorted it all out now

I bought one a few weeks back very accurate very happy with it thanks Barry

i have a hw100kt and its laser accurate and fitted with the a&m cylinder is nice and balanced. Great gun, would buy another one in a heart beat.
    Last edited by Llyr21; 18-01-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Which calibre do you think is best for target/plinking not hunting?

.177 but i also use that for hunting to great effect!

.177 mate

Get one in .20. These are absolutely brilliant guns.

A.G

Chap at our local range has bought one in .177 and loves it. Accurate rifle with quite a good shot count. Only thing he dislikes is that it is 10 shot mag rather than 14 like the HW100.

He had to wait quite a few weeks on order before he got his. This may be a shorter wait now but just be prepare for a wait if you order one.

Atb, Ross
    The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese..

Hi Dave,

AFAIK the bad batch of barrels have been sorted and it wasn't just the 110 some of the 100's during that same production time also got the bad barrel.

As mentioned simply check the thread if it's only half threaded be cautious especialy if buying an old stock new shop item which would probably be rare as the RFD should be aware of the issues.

Or more importantly if buying secondhand 100% check that thread as it's more than likely being sold because the owner couldn't hit a barn door and never bothered to return it.

I quite like them not shot one yet but would definitely consider one.

For now I'm more than happy with my fairly rare HW101 as I need it for singe shot target shooting I don't really need the magazine HW100 version.

If you do get one bud bring it to the bash

HTH

Nick

superb if it fits
    swap steel tube for alloy
    mag system the best on the market
    Thumbhole ugly
    laminate adj stock go for item
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Hi Dave,

AFAIK the bad batch of barrels have been sorted and it wasn't just the 110 some of the 100's during that same production time also got the bad barrel.

As mentioned simply check the thread if it's only half threaded be cautious especialy if buying an old stock new shop item which would probably be rare as the RFD should be aware of the issues.

Or more importantly if buying secondhand 100% check that thread as it's more than likely being sold because the owner couldn't hit a barn door and never bothered to return it.

I quite like them not shot one yet but would definitely consider one.

For now I'm more than happy with my fairly rare HW101 as I need it for singe shot target shooting I don't really need the magazine HW100 version.

If you do get one bud bring it to the bash

HTH

Nick
    Cheers Nick and to everyone for your comments The one I was considering has been sold but I know what to look out for the next time one turns up