Thread: An idea for most Rapid owners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Rapidnick, I have 2 x Rapid Mark 2's. A 12ftlb and an FAC one at around 28ft lbs.

Just had them both serviced last year. Im starting to use them more, perhaps once a fortnight for a plink with the 12ft lb one, it does over 400 shots on one fill, if i go to the range. If I fire say 10 mags or 120 shots theres still loads left. For the FAC if I use it for hunting i always blow up the bottle first. When im finished whether i shoot or, not i will cycle two or, three mags through it, so that it doesnt get stored at full charge. For my use i would have no real need to fit a guage and wouldnt want to drill the stock and alter the mechanics to fit one. Is there another reason, maybe competition shooting that i dont do, that makes your idea worth while doing?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    Hi Rapidnick, I have 2 x Rapid Mark 2's. A 12ftlb and an FAC one at around 28ft lbs.

Just had them both serviced last year. Im starting to use them more, perhaps once a fortnight for a plink with the 12ft lb one, it does over 400 shots on one fill, if i go to the range. If I fire say 10 mags or 120 shots theres still loads left. For the FAC if I use it for hunting i always blow up the bottle first. When im finished whether i shoot or, not i will cycle two or, three mags through it, so that it doesnt get stored at full charge. For my use i would have no real need to fit a guage and wouldnt want to drill the stock and alter the mechanics to fit one. Is there another reason, maybe competition shooting that i dont do, that makes your idea worth while doing?

Cheers
    Not really. You clearly don't miss not having an indicator of air level and your point about not wanting to drill the stock is totally valid. Personally it doesn't bother me but I know quite a few shooters who won't even fit sling swivel studs on their precious stocks.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.