Thread: SiG p320 ASP

SiG p320 ASP

Top article and photo here at the SHOT Show: http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2017/...t-show-part-2/

I was wondering when SiG would adapt their feed mech used on the MPC/X for pistols- highly reminiscent of the Anics Skif too but seemingly with a less grunchy trigger out of the box. Wierd that what is essentially the same mechanism on these can be driven by a 12g CO2 whereas the MPC/X couldn't cope with 2 x 12g and needed an 88g to run properly.

One to watch, perhaps?

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Now that and the 'Spartan' look really good......
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

And just announced today that the real pistol is being adopted by the US Army as their new service pistol. So there will be a huge market for the CO2 replica.

They look good, hopefully they have learned from the last lot of airguns they produced which were terrible.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Not sure about the Havox pellets though

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    They look good, hopefully they have learned from the last lot of airguns they produced which were terrible.
    I very much doubt it, I think these will be just as bad as the last lot to be honest, on the pellet 320 they have changed the magazine system to belt similar to on there rifles, so the indexing and feeding might be ever so slightly different but the rest of the poor realism and quality and I bet poor performance is there too.
    I'm sure when I shoot one it will just reinforce my opinion, it's a shame such a good RS manufacturer that makes such great RS guns produces such poor replica airguns..
    ATB Marc.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    I very much doubt it, I think these will be just as bad as the last lot to be honest, on the pellet 320 they have changed the magazine system to belt similar to on there rifles, so the indexing and feeding might be ever so slightly different but the rest of the poor realism and quality and I bet poor performance is there too.
    I'm sure when I shoot one it will just reinforce my opinion, it's a shame such a good RS manufacturer that makes such great RS guns produces such poor replica airguns..
    ATB Marc.
    I won't bother duplicating all my comment on UBC. Suffice to say you are making a shed load of assumptions based on nothing. Let's wait and see shall we? Of course no one is stopping you from designing and constructing a working prototype of a co2 pistol that exactly mimics a real steel
    Last edited by short-carabine; 21-01-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Indeed. Manufacturers tend to learn from past errors, something to do with running a successful business

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    I won't bother duplicating all my comment on UBC. Suffice to say you are making a shed load of assumptions based on nothing. Let's wait and see shall we? Of course no one is stopping you from designing and constructing a working prototype of a co2 pistol that exactly mimics a real steel
    Yeah same here. We have talked about this enough on ubc I think. All ill say is I'm not just making assuming anything, I'm going on experience from the last guns they made which are basically the same as these apart from a slight change in the magazines.
    We are all entitled to have our own opinions, and like I say mine are carried on from fast hand experience with the last pistols they made.
    ATB. Marc.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Yeah same here. We have talked about this enough on ubc I think. But I'm not just assuming anything, I'm going on experience from the last guns they made which are basically the same as these apart from a slight change in the magazines.
    We are all entitled to have our own opinions, and like I say mine are carried on from fast hand experience with the last pistols they made. And I'll male my mind up on their newest guns when I shoot them and get first hand experience with those too.
    ATB. Marc.
    Last edited by Marc.RG1; 22-01-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    Yeah same here. We have talked about this enough on ubc I think. But I'm not just assuming anything, I'm going on experience from the last guns they made which are basically the same as these apart from a slight change in the magazines.
    We are all entitled to have our own opinions, and like I say mine are carried on from fast hand experience with the last pistols they made. And I'll male my mind up on their newest guns when I shoot them and get first hand experience with those too.
    ATB. Marc.
    I tried out and wasn't impressed with the previous pistols from SiG. That said, it doesn't necessarily mean these will be the same. Like you I will make up my mind on actual hands-on experience. Until then, its a new pistol that may/may not be any good.

That's it init, we can say this and that about them but soon as we have shot or fondled or ideally both lol, we can them properly make out minds up can't we.
    Happy shooting mate.
    ATB, Marc..

Yep mate It'll be interesting to see how they turn out. If they are decent enough, I'd be inclined to red dot one. The only hi cap co2 I have now is a Daisy 2003. Great fun but woefully inaccurate and ugly to boot

Any word on whe these might be available?

Quote Originally Posted by RoryMakarov View Post
    Any word on whe these might be available?
    On past form, wait a year or so.