Thread: Utube review of the Crosman 102

Utube review of the Crosman 102

Had fun with the Crosman 102, thought a UTube would give people a better feel for the gun.

https://youtu.be/-EeWwcP_ysY

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Had fun with the Crosman 102, thought a UTube would give people a better feel for the gun.

https://youtu.be/-EeWwcP_ysY
    Great stuff, thanks. Really enjoyed seeing it 'in the flesh'. What a dainty gun that is - quite a contrast to the large .22 cal springers on sale in the UK at the time, although I suppose the .177 Light Pattern BSAs are dainty in their own way! Lovely stock on your example.

Impressive how the mechanism dismantles so easily. Good access for lubrication.

I wonder what the Brits would have made of it if it had been on the market here in the '30s? Pumping air into eg. air canes would have been well within living memory, so not so strange. The power would have impressed too.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The contrast in traditions is fascinating to me. Ironically I never really looked at the vintage guns of my own country. They came at it with their own ingenuity, and produced a pretty unique very well made rifle. Geared as a practical hunting weapon that "worked". It's charm and practicality comes from it carbine approach and power. The testimony to their design is that they sold a ton of them and most were totally used up by hard service. Here they are pretty cheap to collect, my example was a little over $100, I think Trevor was right on seeing these as very underappreciated collectibles.

Hi,

I also very much enjoyed your review of the Crosman 102 and the other reviews you kindly took the time to produce and upload for our benefit.

Thanks

Brian