Thread: Sam k11 breech lever issue

Sam k11 breech lever issue

Hi guys, does anyone have any idea why my breech lever has started to pop open when I fire a shot? The gun still seems to shoot perfectly well but it's a bit disconcerting! Breech seal maybe?

Possibly

Check the seal isn't damaged first. If that looks ok.

Maybe the barrel has moves a little away from the breach.
    I know this happens with some pistols.

Not sure if you can, but there are usually a couple of Allen screws that hold the barrel to the frame.
    Undo them and try and move the barrel back a tiny bit. Retry and secure.

Have you checked that all of the little hex bolts are done up? They can come loose every so often, and then the whole parallelogram arrangement can foul other parts - though I've never had my breech pop open.

Nick, you were right, the barrel had shifted fractionally away from the body of the gun! I took the barrel off, greased the seal and put it back together......no more breech popping open! Superb advice, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric fwb 65 View Post
    Nick, you were right, the barrel had shifted fractionally away from the body of the gun! I took the barrel off, greased the seal and put it back together......no more breech popping open! Superb advice, cheers.
    Pleased you have got it sorted OK Eric - I have only just seen this thread or I would have given you the same advice - but I also found the breech popped open when the breach seals needed replacing.

I have not had a SAM for some time now so I cannot remember the size of seal I used so if you are unable copy the one that is already in your pistol a call to the importer should get one of the correct size on its way to you.

You should be able to buy new seals from the UK importer - Diverse Trading.
    Last edited by zooma; 11-02-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.