Thread: Keeper pistols - what are they and why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Webley junior - first pistol, bought it when I was 11, sold it a couple of years later then bought it back again.

It was confiscated by parents, teachers and police many times over the years but I always managed to get/steal it back. It survived a couple of weeks in a pond once and also survived being thrown on a bonfire!

Since then it was painted gloss black, stripped and reblued twice, and now has pride of place amongst around a hundred other webleys rather than hidden in a sock drawer
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Webley junior - first pistol, bought it when I was 11, sold it a couple of years later then bought it back again.

It was confiscated by parents, teachers and police many times over the years but I always managed to get/steal it back. It survived a couple of weeks in a pond once and also survived being thrown on a bonfire!

Since then it was painted gloss black, stripped and reblued twice, and now has pride of place amongst around a hundred other webleys rather than hidden in a sock drawer
    lol...i use to keep my Junior in a sock draw....given to me by my uncle in 79 it was a minty blued one .....dropped many a starling in the days of millions of starlings....wish i had kept it.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    As a young lad, I once kept a Gat Gun up a bedroom chimney !
    It stayed there for about two years until I sold it.
    “An airgun or two”………

Mine would be my chrome Gat I bought when I was 13 years old, I've had for 57 years now, just sentimental value, also my .22 Webley Tempest one of the last Birmingham guns, I refurbished it like new and made some oak grips for it, and I know it's for pistols but I would have to include my Walther Lever action Winchester I just love it.

Joe

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    i kept my gat and pellets under a loose floor board in my bedroom, away from my mums eyes,

Owned (& sold) most Webley pistols over the years, have some modern CO2 pistols. Still have a few of the old Wobbleys. Last to go would be an early Hurricane .22 which I've had for 20-30 years or a mid '60's Premier. The modern CO2's, Wesson, Crosman & Umarex - just feel no attachment to.

As for why? Guess because the Webleys are what I grew up with.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I got my first ever Harrington Gat gun last year!

It was a freebie from a mate that lives in Oxford, He knew I was in to guns and came back to his native Rotherham and passed it to one of his mates that works at our place, He passed it on to me!!

That's 57 years without owning one!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/