Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keeper pistols - what are they and why?

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    My only "keeper" is the Crosman 1300 that my mum bought me for Xmas around 1977.
    I sometimes try and convince myself that one or other of my Webleys is a keeper, but my Webley collection is on about its sixth incarnation now, so..... It really is only myself I'm kidding.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    All of them, as I'm terrible at selling anything
    But if pushed...I would have to keep my FWB65, Diana mod.6, and the LP53. Bury them with me.
    They are all quality classics that will probably never be equalled.
    Good deals with these members

Mine is a boxed d series premier I bought 34 years for a tenner, it started a 25year collection of webleys that I sadly had to sell after a financial crisis after a divorce! It still shoots very well and was used for dispatch in my shotgun days. Still gets an airing at the club. ive made my son promise never to sell it!

[QUOTE=eyebull;7185987]All of them, as I'm terrible at selling anything
    But if pushed...I would have to keep my FWB65, Diana mod.6, and the LP53. Bury them with me.
    They are all quality classics that will probably never be equalled.[/QUOTE

Health and Safety Rules forbid burial with weapons unless you can prove Viking Ancestry and provide boat, archers and flaming arrows.

And I know I shouldn't call airguns weapons but otherwise the joke doesn't work.

Keeper(s)

Mine is my Crosman 1322 Medalist, bought in 1982 for £20 and has only just needed new valve seals !
    I had a .22 Webley Hurricane (inc the box) which I sold and regret

The way that I look at it I have had loads of guns in the past and sold them on if it does not have sentimental value I think you need to get one that is in as good condition as you can find as near to mint condition as you can get.

I did this with my premier I have had lots of both premiers and seniors before but they they looked good they had been used a lot so the action was not tight so you would always see another one that was in just a little better condition.

So that is why my Steel Webley Premier in .22 is a keeper for me the only way that it could be improved would be to get a blued one that had never been used and that would not be cheap if you could find one also if you are buying on line you never really no how good it is until it arrives.

I still have my BSA Scorpipn .177 bought new from 1983.

Powerful accurate and looks good too.

I will never sell it will let my son have it when I am gone

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Dont have many ;
    HW 45 .177 Silver Star, Boxed .22 Premier E, .22 Tempest and an Accles & Shelvoke .177 Acvoke.
    Only the Acvoke is a keeper as it belonged to my late Father-in -Law.
    “An airgun or two”………

Webley junior - first pistol, bought it when I was 11, sold it a couple of years later then bought it back again.

It was confiscated by parents, teachers and police many times over the years but I always managed to get/steal it back. It survived a couple of weeks in a pond once and also survived being thrown on a bonfire!

Since then it was painted gloss black, stripped and reblued twice, and now has pride of place amongst around a hundred other webleys rather than hidden in a sock drawer
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Webley junior - first pistol, bought it when I was 11, sold it a couple of years later then bought it back again.

It was confiscated by parents, teachers and police many times over the years but I always managed to get/steal it back. It survived a couple of weeks in a pond once and also survived being thrown on a bonfire!

Since then it was painted gloss black, stripped and reblued twice, and now has pride of place amongst around a hundred other webleys rather than hidden in a sock drawer
    lol...i use to keep my Junior in a sock draw....given to me by my uncle in 79 it was a minty blued one .....dropped many a starling in the days of millions of starlings....wish i had kept it.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    As a young lad, I once kept a Gat Gun up a bedroom chimney !
    It stayed there for about two years until I sold it.
    “An airgun or two”………

Mine would be my chrome Gat I bought when I was 13 years old, I've had for 57 years now, just sentimental value, also my .22 Webley Tempest one of the last Birmingham guns, I refurbished it like new and made some oak grips for it, and I know it's for pistols but I would have to include my Walther Lever action Winchester I just love it.

Joe

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    i kept my gat and pellets under a loose floor board in my bedroom, away from my mums eyes,

Owned (& sold) most Webley pistols over the years, have some modern CO2 pistols. Still have a few of the old Wobbleys. Last to go would be an early Hurricane .22 which I've had for 20-30 years or a mid '60's Premier. The modern CO2's, Wesson, Crosman & Umarex - just feel no attachment to.

As for why? Guess because the Webleys are what I grew up with.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I got my first ever Harrington Gat gun last year!

It was a freebie from a mate that lives in Oxford, He knew I was in to guns and came back to his native Rotherham and passed it to one of his mates that works at our place, He passed it on to me!!

That's 57 years without owning one!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/