Thread: FWB 300 breech seal fit

FWB 300 breech seal fit

I've recently acquired an FWB 300 (what an absolutely beautiful thing, what a shame they don't make airguns like that any more) which has been fitted with a new breech seal. The problem is that it is a very tight fit against the loading cone, which means it is very hard to close the sidelever (far more force needed than I like to use) Could someone who knows this model please tell me if this always happens with a new seal, and it will bed in eventually, or should I be investigating why it is happening as a one off on this one?
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    There's probably a good reason for this. Refer this query to the lads on the Target Section, they have some really knowledgable Guys on there that should be able to offer advice !
    “An airgun or two”………

Thanks for that. I don't know how to move it, but I will try to copy it onto the target thread

Doesn't sound right to me. Mine has a new seal and closes fairly easy, no real force required.
    Maybe the seal hasn't been fully pressed into the cylinder?

(Please don't cock it then try to re-seat the breech seal! The anti-beartrap mechanisms can wear out over time. sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs)

Sometimes there is a shim which fits underneath the seal to allow adjustment. Maybe it's still in there & now not needed with the new seal.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Doesn't sound right to me. Mine has a new seal and closes fairly easy, no real force required.
    Maybe the seal hasn't been fully pressed into the cylinder?

(Please don't cock it then try to re-seat the breech seal! The anti-beartrap mechanisms can wear out over time. sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs)
    Good advice, thank you, but I have half a cylinder of fairly thick walled 1" (yes, proper inches) tube with all the edges polished and of the right length to fit in the bottom of the loading port. I don't think it can shut on that.