Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daystate reliability?

Silver Captain Guest
    I have a Mk4 is with LCD screen and electronic trigger, battery etc. Never had an issue, just keep your eye on the battery power via the information screen and top up overnight when needed which is months apart. Lovely to use and unlike anything else trigger wise except the Airwolf which is the same.

I collected and sold 6 pcps from a mate who had lost interest.
    All not shot and stored in a leaky garage for five years.

There were two Daystates ,a Mirage and a Huntsman.
    They were the only two not rusty and not leaking.
    Both sold on and still going strong.

Well many thanks to y'all it seems Daystate are well respected air weapons and consensus seems to be very positive.

No doubt there are those unfortunate enough to have had problems but I suspect that could be said with any make and model of PCP if you were to post a survey.

Daystate

Well I'm a big Daystate fan and must say every rifle I bought has always gone back with a leak. There customer service has now been sorted and it's second to none. The QC is getting better it's just the leak issues. I'm waiting for the LE Wolverine to be delivered I've to the dealer that I want it emptying filling and emptying to prove no leaks from the get go. Other wise when sorted they go on and on for ever. I've a MK4 electric job that out shoots every rifle I've ever had it's amazing bought second hand, the chap who I bought it off try's to get it every few months lol.

I'd say try before you buy Daystates are not cheap and are in my opinion over prised but dammed good guns.

I had a leak which I thought was from the filler valve so I serviced that but it didn't cure the problem. I sent the action to SCR and Dave did a full strip, clean and rebuild with new seals, that naturally fixed the leak, he went on to optimise the bits to a higher fill pressure (more shots per fill) and even with return carriage my bill was under £100.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I had 2 Airwolfs and sold them both and kept my HW100 and 2 BSA Ultras and ive never missed them, overated in my opinion.
    Lloyd

Ive had two and my lads had two, none have been outstanding and one needed a service which was £240, no major failings just over priced for what you actually get, none could match the s400 or the rapid for sheer accuracy. The best out the lot was the old ranger. Wouldnt want a DS now period

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I have no experience with the electronic Daystates but I second what Rich said above. Dave at SCR had my Huntsman and I got it back quickly and working very well for less than I expected. Apart from a trigger like a computer mouse what is the attraction of electronic guns?

Had a airwolf and a mk3 and both cracking Guns, Preferred the mk3 tho , Loved the electronic triggers but due to not getting out much with them I went for the air ranger to avoid having to charge them . Very good shot count with the airwolf and ranger, All my Guns have buddy bottles as I need the extra shot count,

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Halimede View Post
    Apart from a trigger like a computer mouse what is the attraction of electronic guns?
    1. A very fast lock time (time from when you pull the trigger to the pellet actually firing)
    2. Very sensitive and very adjustable trigger.
    3. You can see all the details like shot count/fill pressure etc. on a backlit screen - great on dull or dark shoots.
    4. Map Compensated Technology (MCP) It's a form of "electronic regulation" is the easy way to think of it - (but not technically correct.)
    5. Higher shot count if fitted with MCP
    6. MCP generally lends itself to a higher SWP - often 220/230 in Daystates
    7. Electronic triggers don't need linkages in bull pups
    8. Adjustable power output with a few trigger pulls - ideal for the back yard or in a barn etc. if you don't want full power.
    9. Gun warns you when you get low on air or if you have emptied your mag.

Probably not the whole list - but I hope you can see the attraction even if you don't feel the need?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Thanks James. I am a bit of a Luddite I am afraid; took me about 30 years to get my first PCP.

Happy mk4 owner in the rain

Took my pellet spraying first batch R10 back to the gun shop and added some money to walk away with a pre Is MK4. Have used it for HFT in the dry and rabbits in rain and snow with no problems(yes answer the initial posters question ) All the circuit boards have a wax/resin coating on them to protect from any water. Mad work schedule it sat unused for 18 months and when finally had time to shoot the battery wouldn't take a charge. Cost around £10 and some soldering following a link on the daystate forums to make a replacement that had five times the capacity of the standard. Had it serviced a couple months ago after 6 years and forgot to swap the original battery so have standard again. On the plus side when servicing they replaced the filler cap that I definitely put in the case but disappeared at no extra cost.

Apart from the battery issue after left standing for 18 months have had no reliability issues wet or dry.

Jon
    Air Arms TX200 MK3 .177 Richter Optik 6-25x50
    Ultra Single .177 AGS 3-9x44
    Daystate MK4 ST .177 Niko 6-24x44

Air wolf

Day state airwolfs are great rifles, but for me it wouldn't be a keeper as in 5-10 years its very unlikely that you will be able to get a replacement circuit board for it. If its mechanical it can be repaired!!.

dont!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8 View Post
    Hi,

Thinking of a Daystate Airwolf MCT, can someone offer advice on pro's, cons but most importantly reliabillity?

Look fantastic but electronics have major concern for me, what about in the wet or cold gun safe for instance?

Cheers
    great when working. It seems no one will repair the electrics except daystate. I had a mk3 electrics failed, back to daystate best part of £200.00 gone. I bought an airwolf you guessed it electrics failed another trip to daystate and another best of £200.00.. if you live near daystate you can save on the carriage back and forth otherwise your in for a real drubbing. maybe I was unlucky but it hurts the wallet. over the years I have found hw100s, air arms s410s, s400s, to be well good value never missing a beat and servicing from air arms very reasonable, so much so I recently bought an ftp900 which I have complete faith in and shoots the daystates into a cocked hat.

Airwolf are ace!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1952paul0 View Post
    great when working. It seems no one will repair the electrics except daystate. I had a mk3 electrics failed, back to daystate best part of £200.00 gone. I bought an airwolf you guessed it electrics failed another trip to daystate and another best of £200.00.. if you live near daystate you can save on the carriage back and forth otherwise your in for a real drubbing. maybe I was unlucky but it hurts the wallet. over the years I have found hw100s, air arms s410s, s400s, to be well good value never missing a beat and servicing from air arms very reasonable, so much so I recently bought an ftp900 which I have complete faith in and shoots the daystates into a cocked hat.
    The above must've been very unlucky!! I had an airwolf mvt which was awesome but made hitting everything so easy I tried other rifles. Hw 100, even liked it more than an air ranger then fx wildcat!!! So ended up getting a mct airwolf that's 9 years old and love it!!!!