Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daystate reliability?

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8 View Post
    Hi,

Thinking of a Daystate Airwolf MCT, can someone offer advice on pro's, cons but most importantly reliabillity?

Look fantastic but electronics have major concern for me, what about in the wet or cold gun safe for instance?

Cheers
    I have a early MK3 and the pcb board is not reliable, got a replacement from which is very good

And yet there's hardly any on the target shooting circuits.......that speaks volumes to me.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    And yet there's hardly any on the target shooting circuits.......that speaks volumes to me.
    Probably because for some insane reason Daystate wont do regulators the Regal is transformed with a reg . I am seriously considering regulating my Ranger kit available from Talon tunes

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Probably because for some insane reason Daystate wont do regulators the Regal is transformed with a reg . I am seriously considering regulating my Ranger kit available from Talon tunes
    How did you Reg it ? Was it DIY or a third paty job?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    How did you Reg it ? Was it DIY or a third paty job?

A.G
    From what i can remember the Regal was regged by XTX but it invalidates the warranty but after shooting it id definitely do the same . I will be adding a Regal to my collection the Ranger il reg myself its a unit that goes between the bottle and the action just waiting to hear from Talon tunes in the U,S where i got my carbon bottle from . in fact my only gripe with Daystate was that they would not sell me a carbon bottle

I've owned my Airwolf MVT for over 8 years, I had to send the first one back 3 times till they replaced it. In the last 8 years with the replacement I've had to replace the battery once and repair one air leak, I got a fully service done at Redbecks for £75 last year (all o-rings replaced. cleaned and lubed and adjusted).
    I'm very happy with the rifle, it's a quality bit of kit with very good accuracy, crisp trigger, fast lock time for off hand shots, massive shot count and being able to adjust the fps in 1 fps increments at the touch of a safety/trigger is a luxury for the range, hunting or garden plinking. Plus I think it's the best looking 400/500cc buddy bottle rifle ever made.
    I'd choose carefully buying secondhand and you could end up with a stunning example.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfun View Post
    I've owned my Airwolf MVT for over 8 years, I had to send the first one back 3 times till they replaced it. In the last 8 years with the replacement I've had to replace the battery once and repair one air leak, I got a fully service done at Redbecks for £75 last year (all o-rings replaced. cleaned and lubed and adjusted).
    I'm very happy with the rifle, it's a quality bit of kit with very good accuracy, crisp trigger, fast lock time for off hand shots, massive shot count and being able to adjust the fps in 1 fps increments at the touch of a safety/trigger is a luxury for the range, hunting or garden plinking. Plus I think it's the best looking 400/500cc buddy bottle rifle ever made.
    I'd choose carefully buying secondhand and you could end up with a stunning example.
    The super fast lock time and push button trigger take a bit of getting used too but well worth while for the results
    If you use the Wolf a lot i can highly recommend replacing the bottle with a carbon fibre bottle it improves balance and handling no end

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    From what i can remember the Regal was regged by XTX but it invalidates the warranty but after shooting it id definitely do the same . I will be adding a Regal to my collection the Ranger il reg myself its a unit that goes between the bottle and the action just waiting to hear from Talon tunes in the U,S where i got my carbon bottle from . in fact my only gripe with Daystate was that they would not sell me a carbon bottle
    It's a really easy diy job to reg the Regal and XTX has full instructions on his site.

Chris

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    It's a really easy diy job to reg the Regal and XTX has full instructions on his site.

Chris
    I'm thinking about this for the wifes Regal - it's a cracking gun and super accurate, but on the range over a full charge you can see the overall power curve - not much, and shot to shot it's in single figure fps spread, but you know what us boys are like when it comes to accessories!

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I'm thinking about this for the wifes Regal - it's a cracking gun and super accurate, but on the range over a full charge you can see the overall power curve - not much, and shot to shot it's in single figure fps spread, but you know what us boys are like when it comes to accessories!

James
    I've ordered a DIY reg for my Regal today James.
    The fitting is very simple and the advice from Darrin is that the reg is adjustable by the end user.
    When fitted it doesn't give appreciably more shots but it does regulate them so from 210 (my Regal's swp) down to whatever I set the reg at will be within a few fps.
    A downside is that the gauge won't register the fill pressure but the reg pressure.
    I'm happy to get round this despite the minor inconvenience because I think this particular Regal is an absolute barnstormer.

Chris

I've ordered a DIY reg for my Regal today James.
    The fitting is very simple and the advice from Darrin is that the reg is adjustable by the end user.
    When fitted it doesn't give appreciably more shots but it does regulate them so from 210 (my Regal's swp) down to whatever I set the reg at will be within a few fps.
    A downside is that the gauge won't register the fill pressure but the reg pressure.
    I'm happy to get round this despite the minor inconvenience because I think this particular Regal is an absolute barnstormer.

Chris
    Another one Chris , you will not give up on them will you lol

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    For me it's all about the trigger, it suits me to a T, I just can't shoot a mechanical gun as well as an electronic one, I have mine set with as low a pull as possible and it has no trouble with a bump test.
    I don't shoot in the wet, but I've probably still got the mag with photo of (I think) Gary firing an Daystate under water in a pool, just how wet do you think you can get one?

I've got a MkIV Target and it outshoots my MPR-FT.

Trigger is sublime and I'm never selling it!

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Another one Chris , you will not give up on them will you lol
    I bought it second hand after a service Mitch and it had any problems sorted.
    I just love the look and feel of them.

Chris

I bought it second hand after a service Mitch and it had any problems sorted.
    I just love the look and feel of them.

Chris
    I am after another one but it will be sent of to Carl at airtech for a reg .
    Carl will tell you what he thinks of the sling shot harper valve in one word ,s***