Thread: One for the collectors

One for the collectors

How much ?

Not being funny but this 'edition' was updated , and updated again recently ( methinks - but thats why I joined here to ask for information on such conundrems ) .
    The book or that 'edition' is not that collectible surely .
    I'd spend £100 on airguns anyday I could , but a book that was later superceded with newer text ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Not being funny but this 'edition' was updated , and updated again recently ( methinks - but thats why I joined here to ask for information on such conundrems ) .
    I'd spend £100 on airguns anyday I could , but a book that was later superceded with newer text ?
    Hi,

As with all things literary, first editions are always a bit more desirable than re-prints. Although the update to this particular book contains some worthwhile expansion, it also has many typographical errors. Having said that, the Ser No listing at the back of the book alone still makes it worth adding to the library.

Regards

Brian

Dunno Maybe

Love the idea of Collecting Airgun Books , and yes understand the philosophy of 1st Editions , but surely the updating of indformation is worth more in real terms
    Only wish it applied to airgun mags ... you can't give'em away

You really need both books! The updated version contains more information but some of the images have been reduced.

Agreed about the value of shooting mags. I have some 1970s Guns Reviews that are duplicates but hardly worth advertising.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post

I was a little surprised to see in the sellers link to Mr Knibbs website the price of £350 I am lead to believe he will sign it for a price too GET REAL

Now take the book ''WEBLEY AIR RIFLES 1925-2005'' BY Christopher Thrale. This book is in a different league and still available for less than £50, oh and signed for free

Back issues of AGW and Sporting air rifle are also great for reference, don't bin em