Thread: Illuminated BSA RS1 Reflex Unisight?

Illuminated BSA RS1 Reflex Unisight?

I seem to remember reading somewhere about there being two versions of the BSA RS1 reflex sight, the normal one that you see and another with an illuminated reticle. Is this true? Would love to see pictures. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by papermaker81 View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere about there being two versions of the BSA RS1 reflex sight, the normal one that you see and another with an illuminated reticle. Is this true? Would love to see pictures. Cheers
    Don't think there was ever an "illuminated" RS1.

Rs1

Yes I had one.., it worked off 2 AA batteries. If I remember rightly, it changed the reticule from white to red.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by vintagewebleyman View Post
    Yes I had one.., it worked off 2 AA batteries. If I remember rightly, it changed the reticule from white to red.
    Paul
    With respect -are you sure? BSA branded other "Holo" sights with batteries but the RS1 was run on ambient light. Did they make an RS2? Recently I sold my RS1 (with all the rest of my kit), bought it in 1980.. It came with tiny, fragile mount clamping screws that would shear with bugger all tork on them....

Illuminated BSA RS1 Reflex Unisight?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    With respect -are you sure? BSA branded other "Holo" sights with batteries but the RS1 was run on ambient light. Did they make an RS2? Recently I sold my RS1 (with all the rest of my kit), bought it in 1980.. It came with tiny, fragile mount clamping screws that would shear with bugger all tork on them....
    Lol, mine lasted about a week, then replaced with allens made of steel not cheese. They were ok for ratting up to 10yds against a dark background but hopeless in snow due to the white ret! As I found out that snowy jan/feb when I bought it in the early 80's.

There was a version with a luminous reticle capsule but, from memory, this came from Norman May.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com