Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rethinking allowing sales in the Collectable airguns section.

Another vote for 'If it aint broke '
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I think it is interesting seeing a different take on the forum through the eyes of a new member and, I am sure, the comments made are constructive and should be considered.

That said my own opinion is the same as others here. I see no need for change as it is easy to ignore for sale threads or skip them quickly if opened inadvertently.

Furthermore I like the overriding "all things collectable" idea which includes sales.

Finally I'd like to re-emphasise that I think the OP was being constructive and hope he stays and enjoys his time here.

Personally I think allowing sales within the collectable section makes perfect sense.

The value in this section is indeed, reading about some of the sales valuations, and the sales threads.

I'm on the lookout for a number of collectable guns, and so the first place I tend to look at is this section. I have bought guns from gentlemen who frequent the 'Collectables', and I have had some very good deals

Part of the attraction of this section is to keep collectable matters under one roof as it were, and so I vote for keeping the format as it is
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I think it is interesting seeing a different take on the forum through the eyes of a new member and, I am sure, the comments made are constructive and should be considered.

That said my own opinion is the same as others here. I see no need for change as it is easy to ignore for sale threads or skip them quickly if opened inadvertently.

Furthermore I like the overriding "all things collectable" idea which includes sales.

Finally I'd like to re-emphasise that I think the OP was being constructive and hope he stays and enjoys his time here.
    I agree , nothing wrong with the polite original post, if nothing else it made us realise how much we value this little corner, as it is.
    BASC

I come over here mostly to have a nosey around with Guinness in hand. I tend to then have a nice little kip

You do see the title sometimes BSA Stutzen and think quick I got to get that I have been after one for ages then see its someone wanting you to date there gun but hey I like this section the way it is so please don't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    You do see the title sometimes BSA Stutzen and think quick I got to get that I have been after one for ages then see its someone wanting you to date there gun but hey I like this section the way it is so please don't change it.
    Some years ago it became possible to see the first few sentences of a post by 'hovering' your mouse over the post in the forum list, which is a good way to see the contents without actually opening the post. Obviously it's no good if the OP puts that it's for sale (or not) right at the end of a long post though....

It helps when people start for sale posts with 'FOR SALE'.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I like it the way that it is. I do look in on a few other forums from time to time but the tumbleweed doth blow around them!

I too mainly restrict myself to this section of the forum, so it's nice to have everything in one place.

The balance would seem to be about right and the occasional tongue in cheek banter only adds to the enjoyment for me.

Regards

Brian

I too see nothing wrong with the 'collectables' section in it's current format.
    As said by others, "if it ain't broke why fix it."

Rethinking allowing sales in the Collectable airguns section.

I like it the way it is so much, I suggest we build a great big cyber wall around it, to keep the young whippersnappers out & make them pay for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I too mainly restrict myself to this section of the forum, so it's nice to have everything in one place.

The balance would seem to be about right and the occasional tongue in cheek banter only adds to the enjoyment for me.

Regards

Brian
    Snap.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

I almost put a really shirty reply Gareth but then remembered which forum I was in

It wouldn't do to get like in the general forum! (Almost jumped out of me carpet slippers!! )

John
    LOL.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

As I am more into the collectors lark, most of my browsing tend to be in this section. With the sales section being well covered with many different items, it is possible to miss a hidden gem!

Selling collectibles in this section I suppose could be improved by starting the text with "For Sale....." It may help those of us looking for, or, as per the OP to avoid.

Keep on cocking and all the best........
    Last edited by SRV1; 23-01-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Spelling error...