Thread: Tx200 v prosport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tx200 v prosport

Could somebody please tell me what makes the Prosport around £80 more than the TX200.?

I had a TX200 in the early days.. I held of for a bit too get one with the anti beartrap as the one in the shop at the time didn't have the trap.

Looking at getting back into the FT scene but I have found myself wanting another TX, this time though a HC version.

Already own an EV2 and a GML 400 so want something for more informal days and garden plinking.

Almost certainly go for a TX200 HC in walnut but then I look at the Prosport and it keeps saying "buy me instead"

Cases both for and against welcome..

Tony
    EV2 - Nikko 10- 50 x 60 --- with a smart silver stripe which matches my car.. "BLING BLING"

And a very sexy GML

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    The Prosport looks better, balances better and doesn't have the horrid ratchet on the side.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I've had a few TX, s as well as Pro Sport, s, personally I prefer the TX. I find after prolonged use the PS becomes a pain to cock, the TX imo is better in this respect. You will probably find a 50/50 response to your question.

Prosport vs TX

I have both, love both, but prefer the Prosport even though it is a bitch to cock, especially since I had a NickG short stroke kit in it. I prefer the rake of the stock, the cocking action as it is minus the extra bit of messing with the bear trap and I prefer the look. As far as accuracy goes there is nowt to to chose between them.

Some seem to find them hold sensitive, but lets face it unless do the same thing every time you shoot you are not going to break any records whatever gun you shoot!

Purely cosmetic, don't quite know where the extra 80 quid comes from as they should perform as good as each other, personally I prefer the TXhc out of the lot of em, don't get me wrong, the Prosport is a nice looking rifle what I can never figure out is why they went to all the effort of making the rifle look so good and then bolted a piece of mechano to the underside of it... 🤔

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    if you want it for FT, get the full length TX.

Less recoil (as it's more efficient)
    Less hold sensitivity (same reason)
    Easier to cock for prolonged practice sessions (same again, plus the longer lever)
    weight isn't really a factor
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Purely cosmetic, don't quite know where the extra 80 quid comes from as they should perform as good as each other, personally I prefer the TXhc out of the lot of em, don't get me wrong, the Prosport is a nice looking rifle what I can never figure out is why they went to all the effort of making the rifle look so good and then bolted a piece of mechano to the underside of it... ��
    And if you have long boney fingers like i do it bloody hurts after a while. I love my prosport as it is a stunningly beautiful gun but the underlever looks to me like they run out if money or had no idear to have created that turd of an underlever.

Quote Originally Posted by EV2UK View Post
    Could somebody please tell me what makes the Prosport around £80 more than the TX200.?

I had a TX200 in the early days.. I held of for a bit too get one with the anti beartrap as the one in the shop at the time didn't have the trap.

Looking at getting back into the FT scene but I have found myself wanting another TX, this time though a HC version.

Already own an EV2 and a GML 400 so want something for more informal days and garden plinking.

Almost certainly go for a TX200 HC in walnut but then I look at the Prosport and it keeps saying "buy me instead"

Cases both for and against welcome..

Tony
    Looks.

A.G