Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tx200 v prosport

Tx200 v prosport

Could somebody please tell me what makes the Prosport around £80 more than the TX200.?

I had a TX200 in the early days.. I held of for a bit too get one with the anti beartrap as the one in the shop at the time didn't have the trap.

Looking at getting back into the FT scene but I have found myself wanting another TX, this time though a HC version.

Already own an EV2 and a GML 400 so want something for more informal days and garden plinking.

Almost certainly go for a TX200 HC in walnut but then I look at the Prosport and it keeps saying "buy me instead"

Cases both for and against welcome..

Tony
    EV2 - Nikko 10- 50 x 60 --- with a smart silver stripe which matches my car.. "BLING BLING"

And a very sexy GML

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    The Prosport looks better, balances better and doesn't have the horrid ratchet on the side.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I've had a few TX, s as well as Pro Sport, s, personally I prefer the TX. I find after prolonged use the PS becomes a pain to cock, the TX imo is better in this respect. You will probably find a 50/50 response to your question.

Prosport vs TX

I have both, love both, but prefer the Prosport even though it is a bitch to cock, especially since I had a NickG short stroke kit in it. I prefer the rake of the stock, the cocking action as it is minus the extra bit of messing with the bear trap and I prefer the look. As far as accuracy goes there is nowt to to chose between them.

Some seem to find them hold sensitive, but lets face it unless do the same thing every time you shoot you are not going to break any records whatever gun you shoot!

Purely cosmetic, don't quite know where the extra 80 quid comes from as they should perform as good as each other, personally I prefer the TXhc out of the lot of em, don't get me wrong, the Prosport is a nice looking rifle what I can never figure out is why they went to all the effort of making the rifle look so good and then bolted a piece of mechano to the underside of it... 🤔

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    if you want it for FT, get the full length TX.

Less recoil (as it's more efficient)
    Less hold sensitivity (same reason)
    Easier to cock for prolonged practice sessions (same again, plus the longer lever)
    weight isn't really a factor
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Had both liked tx better so sold prosport

Had two Prosports and two Tx's and I prefer the Tx.
    The box section under-lever on the PS only starts to feel uncomfortable if you've been plinking continuously for about an hour or so otherwise, I think its fine, in fact, if shooting in wet conditions I think the shape lends itself to a better grip.
    If I was into hunting I'd opt for the Tx HC but for target shooting, I prefer the full length Mk3. The forward weight of the longer barrel helps combat muzzle-flip and the longer under-lever makes it easier to cock.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Here are a few facts that get mentioned when you get tx vs ps threads, better than all the different personal opinions

I think that most would say the PS is the best looking airgun in production but the things to consider are that the PS action is basicly a HC action with a concealed lever and that lever set up is not without faults, have you seen this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHtshzPMyrU

http://imgur.com/rideefO

But the worst bit for me is the bolt that attaches the linkage to the cylinder as I like to dismantle my gun a lot and this bolt can wear and come loose

http://imgur.com/Ib0vzoQ

But I still like the PS as it is the last of the old concealed lever type left in production

The TX is hard to fault and I like the HC, the mk 3 HC can and does win world championships and also if you want it for back garden plinking you can fit a proper silencer and if you are strong enough to handle the weight the cocking effort should be no bother at 28 lbs.

Some great replies guys.

I'm almost sure I'll go for the TX it was the first rifle I spent a fair bit if money on after many B2s and BSA Meteors so I do have quite a large soft spot for them.

Not sure why the HC version though, not into hunting just target.... Just think that the HC looks slightly better.?

Tony
    EV2 - Nikko 10- 50 x 60 --- with a smart silver stripe which matches my car.. "BLING BLING"

And a very sexy GML

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by EV2UK View Post

Not sure why the HC version though, not into hunting just target.... Just think that the HC looks slightly better.?

Tony
    Same here LOL I also think it looks better and I don't hunt

Target shooting ? get the full length, easier to cock over prolonged shooting sessions

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Personally I prefer the TX for hunting. Both are not light though and weigh even more when scoped up.
    I dont like the ally underlerver on the P'sport, its "angular" and uncomfortable. I always get the feeling it may one day bend or distort when cocking.

However, I hate the fishscale checkering on the TX though and prefer the skip checkering on the P'sport but it dosnt help when Air Arms decided not to make a left hand version of this air rifle, shame on you Air Arms !

So its a TX200HC all the way for me and in .22 calibre !
    A beech stock is fine by me, I would only take it out in the pouring rain anyway but I guess I'll have to live with the lousy checkering.
    “An airgun or two”………

Thumbs up

I have a TX in .177cal, Love the rifle as the stock is the most comfy that i've ever held but I find my arthritic fingers struggle like crazy to get the fiddly little pellets in to the barrel!

It may have to go and maybe i'll get one in .22 (Or mebbe .25!! )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

EV2UK,

If you prefer the balance, looks etc. of the Prosport, get one and send it to Mr. Gibney for one of his 21mm conversions.

The cocking effort of the 21mm conversions are very much less than the standard or short-strokes, so the Prosport should not be a problem after the fettle

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ