Thread: Tx200 v prosport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i too don't understand people complaining about the cocking handle, yes it feels a bit flimsy at first handling but in a year i have had never had a problem.
    Carefully smoothed the sharp edges with a file even though it is not needed, i wear fingerless shooting gloves anyway.

About the bolt under the cylinder, no big deal as well because i have loctited mine as soon as i heard about this problem when rifle was brand new and since it stayed there as if it was welded. You don't need to undone that screw to service the rifle that is not needed unless you wanted the compression chamber out of rifle.

All in all PS is a fine machine if you have a bit of mechanical skills to fix things, but if you have no knowledge about how things work then you will end up breaking anything really. My friend has a TX which was bought after my PS and he has broken a cocking shoe etc already so it comes down the driver behind the trigger.

if i was not a tinkerer i for one might be anti PS because shrould started walking forward when it was new and i have glued it back with epoxy.
    Morale of the story is all machines fail and has their weak points but you know what you are doing then they will last a life time.
    General quality i found with AA rifles are excellent compared to Diana Gamo Hatsan etc.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by mglhunter View Post
    i too don't understand people complaining about the cocking handle, yes it feels a bit flimsy at first handling but in a year i have had never had a problem.
    Carefully smoothed the sharp edges with a file even though it is not needed, i wear fingerless shooting gloves anyway.

About the bolt under the cylinder, no big deal as well because i have loctited mine as soon as i heard about this problem when rifle was brand new and since it stayed there as if it was welded. You don't need to undone that screw to service the rifle that is not needed unless you wanted the compression chamber out of rifle.

All in all PS is a fine machine if you have a bit of mechanical skills to fix things, but if you have no knowledge about how things work then you will end up breaking anything really. My friend has a TX which was bought after my PS and he has broken a cocking shoe etc already so it comes down the driver behind the trigger.

if i was not a tinkerer i for one might be anti PS because shrould started walking forward when it was new and i have glued it back with epoxy.
    Morale of the story is all machines fail and has their weak points but you know what you are doing then they will last a life time.
    General quality i found with AA rifles are excellent compared to Diana Gamo Hatsan etc.
    At last someone who thinks the same as me

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quite agree with your sentiments regarding 'engineering skills' but sadly not everybody is as like minded as us 'lucky for me' I used to be an engineer so 'fixing or fabricating a solution' to a certain problem is well within my remit the point is that on a rifle of this quality there shouldn't be a problem in the first place especially if the problem is as easily solved as adding a dollop of 'thread lock' during the manufacturing process...

For me the issue is more about the lack of thought that went into the cocking arm as compared to the rest of the rifle, personally I don't like the look of the rifle either (it looks like a barbecued chicken drumstick with a scope on top) I much prefer the double barrelled/over and under look of the 'TXhc' but that's just my personal opinion, I bought my TX based on the looks and 'in my opinion' the slightly higher build quality of the cocking system...

The pro sport seems to be the marmite gun!
    You either do or do not !!

I have a TX HC in .177, bought new 3 years ago and it's never failed me, absolute tack driver. I occasionally hunt but found it a bit too heavy to 'walk and stalk' with if it's not just for a couple of hours; for target shooting it's a dream though. From what I've read, the full length TX is slightly better for target shooting, being more front heavy this mitigates some of the recoil and makes it easier for the shooter to maintain even higher shot-to-shot consistency. Never liked the Pro Sport because of the cocking mechanism though I'll admit that offhand I thought it had a slightly more natural balance to it than either the HC or full-length TX. The potential for reliability issues puts me off though; I love the chunkiness of the TX and the shorter dimensions of the HC make it quite a bit easier to handle out in the field.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    They both have there plus points so I got both.

But for hunting the Pro Sport has no equal.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Quite agree with your sentiments regarding 'engineering skills' but sadly not everybody is as like minded as us 'lucky for me' I used to be an engineer so 'fixing or fabricating a solution' to a certain problem is well within my remit the point is that on a rifle of this quality there shouldn't be a problem in the first place especially if the problem is as easily solved as adding a dollop of 'thread lock' during the manufacturing process...

For me the issue is more about the lack of thought that went into the cocking arm as compared to the rest of the rifle, personally I don't like the look of the rifle either (it looks like a barbecued chicken drumstick with a scope on top) I much prefer the double barrelled/over and under look of the 'TXhc' but that's just my personal opinion, I bought my TX based on the looks and 'in my opinion' the slightly higher build quality of the cocking system...

Well quite agree with putting better materials and better cocking solution for the PS,

However, on the looks alone this was my dream gun for 6 years and when i bought one, never disappointed and my gut feeling held true to this day.
    It may be drumstick to you but it was like real centerfire classic african safari rig for me and that is beauty of the things in this world about different perception about different things.

Imagine all men liked the looks of Cheryl Cole for example and all women liked the look of me .

Then that would be a hard situation.

About putting things right at factory level should happen before the products left their shelves, however that is a problem with mass produced stuff these days, even Toyota has to recall entire models from market due to factory error and stuff. In a nutshell Prosport is a great concept and original design works as intended

Well quite agree with putting better materials and better cocking solution for the PS,

However, on the looks alone this was my dream gun for 6 years and when i bought one, never disappointed and my gut feeling held true to this day.
    It may be drumstick to you but it was like real centerfire classic african safari rig for me and that is beauty of the things in this world about different perception about different things.

Imagine all men liked the looks of Cheryl Cole for example and all women liked the look of me .

Then that would be a hard situation.

About putting things right at factory level should happen before the products left their shelves, however that is a problem with mass produced stuff these days, even Toyota has to recall entire models from market due to factory error and stuff. In a nutshell Prosport is a great concept and original design works as intended
    Oi keep Cheryl out of it, I'll not be able to consentrate otherwise... 😛