Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BSA STUTZEN Mark 1

BSA STUTZEN Mark 1

Collection Reduction

Next Rifle up for Sale will be my Tap Loading .177 Stutzen would like a rough guide price..I do have some Idea what I would like for it ''

Regard's

Inproved..Steve..

BSA-STUTZEN-Mark-1

hi i got one from bar the other week for £280 not in to bad condition the bluing is a bit poor. i have seen mint one's going for around £350

BSA ..Stutzen

Almost Mint I saw a .22 that was Sold at an Arms Fair 3 years Ago for £425.00. It was in about the Same condition as my .177

Inproved

Not much help re calibre but there was a rare .25 that went for near £600 a couple of weeks ago ,some have said less than 100 units released .of these .25's .. from the free ads place - no sights either ( although I have read and learned elsewhere that these Stutzens were sold with and also without sights.
    It would be interesting to find out how many Stutzens were actually made in each calibre ( and also a breakdown of Tap and Rb2 types ) .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 27-09-2017 at 10:21 AM.

I do know that these Mark 1 Stutzen Rifles had a very short Production Run and were only produced for less than I year .
    Also there were more .22 Rifles then any other calibre .177 Rifles are rarer. I thought that the .25 Stutzen were all RB2 type ?

Inproved..
    Last edited by inproved; 22-01-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by inproved View Post

Collection Reduction

Next Rifle up for Sale will be my Tap Loading .177 Stutzen would like a rough guide price..I do have some Idea what I would like for it ''

Regard's

Inproved..Steve..
    Hi. These aren't actually all that good I'm sorry to say, but tell you what, as it is be nice to fellow collectors week, if it is in vgc, if you advertise it for sale around the £75 mark, I believe my altruism could stretch to that, to help, but only if that price includes post. Yep, I'm all heart, me.

Lol. Hard to value without photos, but if the right side of good, being .177, reckon this rifle has got to be worth upwards of £375 (the .22 example you site achieving £425 was probably a collecting auction room anomaly caused by two bidders with more cash than sense, who both had the fatal 'must win' bitt between their teeth).

Hope this helps (but it probably doesn't ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Stutzen

Quote Originally Posted by inproved View Post
    I do know that these Mark 1 Stutzen Rifles had a very short Production Run and were only produced for less than I year .
    Also there were more .22 Rifles then any other calibre .177 Rifles are rarer. I thought that the .25 Stutzen were all RB2 type ?

Inproved..
    Think the Stutzen in tap was around for longer ? Mid 80's then was dropped for the RB2 .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 01-10-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi. These aren't actually all that good I'm sorry to say, but tell you what, as it is be nice to fellow collectors week, if it is in vgc, if you advertise it for sale around the £75 mark, I believe my altruism could stretch to that, to help, but only if that price includes post. Yep, I'm all heart, me.

Lol. Hard to value without photos, but if the right side of good, being .177, reckon this rifle has got to be worth upwards of £375 (the .22 example you site achieving £425 was probably a collecting auction room anomaly caused by two bidders with more cash than sense, who both had the fatal 'must win' bitt between their teeth).

Hope this helps (but it probably doesn't ). Atb: G.

Inproved claimed from an " Arms Fair" , and thats usually the preserve of dealers , but I have had a hankerin for one and would prefer private but too few .
    I have noticed prices go high , as just here on this thread
    - £280 from BAR is cheap for any Stutzen .
    - £350 -£400+ plus for a nice clean conditon .22 - that sounds right in the current climate .
    then for the big boys .25 Rb2 , the rare one and very very few released I hear
    - £600 in average good working condition one sold outright on that there Free adverts place .
    - £900 - £1100 +/- for Boxed/ mint and if sighted up front and back .

Yep I know but thats the prices I hear being discussed - as after all I am after one ( hint - anyone .
    The .25 Rb2 Stutzen is after all very very rare .

I want one !!!!!!

Sorry Inproved , discussion diverted back to your lovely .177 ....TOP Bump from me .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 23-01-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Interesting thread this, as I have a .22 tap load Stutzen and a .25 RB2 Stutzen to dispose of, and was going to post a valuation requested thread for them, but this thread has given me an insight into current going rates for both.
    I hadn't realised the .25 RB2 commanded such a premium, although I did know it is fairly scarce. Mine is sans sights but unboxed.

A bit of over excitement on this thread I think.

I don't mind as I have a nice .22 Stutzen Carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

Couldn't agree more. Massive difference between what someone thinks a gun is worth to what they are prepared to pay

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Massive difference between what someone thinks a gun is worth to what they are prepared to pay
    Never a truer word was spoken.

Value Vs Worth Vs Rareity ...Rareity always wins

Well -
    Values for these have risen enormously as mentioned and from personal experience here on this forum over the past few days , these are the prices that are being asked today right now .
    It does not have to be a Greener airrifle or a Lincoln Jeffries backstrap cocking airpistol to command high ££££ .

Troubleshooter's example in .25 offered to me here , at £650 : - sighted up , but with marks to stock is an immediate example .
    I had decided to opt instead for a different one , (sorry T'shooter ) .
    Unboxed but mint with full open sights front and back and with the steel foresight hood usually absent . Reading a magazine review recently ,the .25 Rb2 Stutzen is so so rare with one pro in the gun trade here confirming whispers that less than some alleged 95 - 100 units released with so say most sent to the US . They are worth seeking out and paying that bit more for , especially a minty one like my purchase , fully sighted by Williams which set me back :
    £ .

No , am not going to tell anyone cos that's my business .

Inproved's earlier Tap Loader .177
    Any standard Stutzen - if there is such a thing in a common calibre , is now scarce - A tap loader .177 in great conditon has to be worth £350 +/-
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 27-09-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Well -
    Values for these have risen enormously as mentioned and from personal experience here on this forum over the past few days , these are the prices that are being asked today right now .
    It does not have to be a Greener airrifle or a Lincoln Jeffries backstrap cocking airpistol to command high ££££ .

Troubleshooter's example in .25 offered to me here , at £650 : - sighted up , but with marks to stock is an immediate example .
    I had decided to opt instead for a different one , (sorry T'shooter ) .
    Unboxed but mint with full open sights front and back and with the steel foresight hood usually absent . Reading a magazine review recently ,the .25 Rb2 Stutzen is so so rare with one pro in the gun trade here confirming whispers that less than some alleged 95 - 100 units released with so say most sent to the US . They are worth seeking out and paying that bit more for , especially a minty one like my purchase , fully sighted by Williams which set me back :
    £ .

No , am not going to tell anyone cos that's my business .

Inproved's earlier Tap Loader .177
    Any standard Stutzen - if there is such a thing in a common calibre , is now scarce - A tap loader .177 in great conditon has to be worth £350 +/-
    But you are quite happy to quote other people's business/prices.
    The original foresight hood is present on mine, but you didn't ask about that.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

Totally agree, we all understand that prices creep up over the years but just because one person says they are worth blah blah amount and for us all to believe it is daft, it's like what gets said on here a lot of times, people will only pay what they think it's worth, I have a mega rare Airsporter S carbine which I've spent a fortune on getting up to scratch, if I asked for the money I wanted for it (to get my money back that I've spent on it) I'd probably not even get any request for photo's but talking to another BSA fan the other day I was told by him that he sold the same rifle as mine in .177, immaculate boxed never fired a shot condition for £750 to a collector, doesn't mean I'm going to get anywhere near that figure for mine.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in