Thread: Scope on amazon

Scope on amazon

Hi

Im after a compact scope for my bullpup and come across this, anybody used or heard good things about it ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UTG-Compact...ds=Leapers+UTG

I had an old AGS branded one (without IR), which was a great scope. They were also popular for NV add-ons IIRC.

Having used a few of the modern 'EZ-Tap' versions, IMHO the glass is nowhere near as good as the old ones. The term 'looking into a goldfish bowl' springs to mind... but I guess buying from Amazon etc - you can try it and send it back if its rubbish?

In my view, it wants to be a good scope for 150 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I had an old AGS branded one (without IR), which was a great scope. They were also popular for NV add-ons IIRC.

Having used a few of the modern 'EZ-Tap' versions, IMHO the glass is nowhere near as good as the old ones. The term 'looking into a goldfish bowl' springs to mind... but I guess buying from Amazon etc - you can try it and send it back if its rubbish?

In my view, it wants to be a good scope for 150 quid.

Thats exactly what i was thinking , if its not very good for £155 i can return it, my local dealer doesn't stock them so its hard to gauge how decent they are

Similar scopes on the bay for a third of that price.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Similar scopes on the bay for a third of that price.

John
    thanks for the info, im not a big user, do you have a link so i can take a look ?

I had one of the early ones branded Accushot before they added the illuminated reticle. As Rooti says they were popular with nv users and I used it with a merlin addon. The reticle was mildot and fairly fine, for that sort of money it seems good value. Quite heavy for its size if I remember correctly.

garym is offline Outruns Death in his slippers
    Senn one our new members uses one on his Cricket, he rates his scope. Say hello and ask his opinion.
    g

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Senn one our new members uses one on his Cricket, he rates his scope. Say hello and ask his opinion.
    g
    Wow! That's exactly what gun I'm looking to put this scope on! How do I search for senn on here ?

I used one of these today,a mate of mine put one on his BSA S10
    It looks ok and held it's zero,reticule a bit bold for my liking but only shot a couple of mags through it.
    I know it has a red/green IR which can be handy in low light,and a SF .