Cambridge HFT Winter Diabolical 2017

Maybe 2017 isn’t going to be so bad after all. Here we were at the annual “Shooty Horribilis” and for once there wasn’t a hint of sleet, snow or a scathing blizzard of a wind headed straight from the frozen Urals. Yes the ground was frozen and yes the climate was decidedly on the brisk side but this was almost, well, pleasant.
Dare I say it we actually had some sightings of the sun. Quite.
It was lovely to welcome back our Dutch friends too; thank you all so much for making the trip and we hope you didn’t take too much of our mud back with you.
As ever this was a particularly fiendish course beset by Tony Haas with assistance from Chris Boulton. As a general rule for the Cambridge Diabolicals;
1. I can see the target!
- No, that’s the wrong target.
2. I think I can see the target but there appears to be a tree directly in front of it.
-Yes, that’s the target.
3. I can only see one target and that’s if I stand up, but it’s really small, really far away and has a tiny killzone.
-Yes, that’s the target.

You get the picture. All of which makes the winning scores in each of our classes all the more remarkable. I can’t remember how long it’s been since we last had scores in the haloed 50’s, and this year we had two of them!
We hope you all had fun and survived with your marbles intact, even if a few limbs may have been contorted in trying to touch a small wooden peg whilst maintaining eye contact with a bright yellow knock down animal.

Open
Jeff Westley 51
Clive Presland 50
Jack Houghton 48
Lee Hartness 47
Simon Jones 47
Anne Higgins 45
Willem Braams 45
Alex Larkin 44
Chris Boulton 43
Don Hartness 43
Leon Peute 42