Thread: Primos trrigger stick tripod alternative

Primos trrigger stick tripod alternative

I nearly bought one a few months back, I'm on the verge of ordering one again. Any cheaper alternative, s ? any known faults with the Primos tripod version ?

Don't you spend your money old chap till you've tried my £3 alternative, I guarantee the literally thousands of rats rabbits foxes and deer that iv,e shot off them would not know the difference. (Unless your just a tackle tart)

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Don't you spend your money old chap till you've tried my £3 alternative, I guarantee the literally thousands of rats rabbits foxes and deer that iv,e shot off them would not know the difference. (Unless your just a tackle tart)
    Me a tart ? never is it plastic coated garden canes Jamie ?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    3 bog brushes and some masking tape Dave
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    3 bog brushes and some masking tape Dave
    Aaahhhh your back then mate lol sounds good, thinking of spoiling myself though with the posh sticks BUT still holding back

Good when they work, but they are NOT weatherproof in my experience and once you get water in the legs they become problematic. They are not obviously serviceable, but can be taken apart and serviced (drying and free-ing up rust, lubricating etc) if you have the courage to take them apart, but that would invaildate the warranty no doubt.

More here:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-trigger-stick

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Interesting - what do you use to hold the poles together? Presumably they are fixed height?

I've been using an £11 cheapo, mono stick job from the bay for around a year now.

It's in 3 sections that can be untwisted and extended just like a painting roller pole.
    It's got good rubber padding in the 'V' for the rifle.
    It's light and easy to carry.

All of the above.

Mmmm think I will hang fire for a bit longer

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Mmmm think I will hang fire for a bit longer
    Mmm know what you mean. I don't get many opportunities to shoot in the field but, these do look the business, just very high on the cost side.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Absobloodlylutley old chap! Can't go wrong.
    I use two sets, one made from 6' green plastic coated canes and one from 3' , but I very rarely use the latter.
    Once you get the knack they are totally rock solid, I rarely take a shot without them.
    I drill them seven inches from the top, pop a bolt through, several washers either side, honestly can't go wrong. Only other thing is pop some pipe lagging a foot up from the bottom of one leg to stop any chance of them tapping against each other.

And p bloody s! I thought you were coming down to do some moleing?

Just go and get one , had mine a few years and never been a problem and yes you can buy cheaper ones but they are crap

If your ground is rough from livestock, or ploughing, undulating or hilly then trigger sticks are the business, no matter what height or angle you need to shoot, pull the trigger & there it is rock solid, silently in about 3 seconds.

once you use them it's hard to go back to a lesser design, pricy but just about worth every penny.