Thread: Valuation please on Early Webley Service MK11

Valuation please on Early Webley Service MK11

Due to an unfortunate experience with Holts I am selling my collection myself.
    First one is an Early Webley Service MK11. Ser.No.S 59 Calbre .177. In good condition with an overall patina. All stamping visible. Barrel clip spring is a replacement, not sure about rear peep sight whether cleaned up original or replacement. Mark on stock. Sold

Last edited by elanmac; 25-01-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Looks to be a nice rifle and case, difficult to value as you don't see many like this, maybe I could pop round for a cup of tea as I live local, please reply with PM if that's OK, thanks Karl.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Even though coming with only one of its two original interchangeable barrels (.177 and .22 as this early example is pre the 3rd .25 option iirc), but as has the case and looks clean and presentable, even with that incorrect rear sight (?) this has got to be a £700 rifle, and rising, all day long. Hope this helps.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Webley Service

Hi Karl you are welcome to come over, I am in most evenings or Sunday am. I live at Perton.
    Last edited by elanmac; 23-01-2017 at 04:20 PM.

I have very limited knowledge of these, but would value this one around £450. The case is nice,but not going to tempt a serious collector, the sight looks a good replacement though. I have my doubts about the butt plate being original, but that might just be the photo and my duff eyes.

Rifle

The rifle is a series 2 mk1 the first of the three models

In my opinion, Your Webley Service Mk.II First Pattern with repro case should be worth around £550.
    As Pete says, the butt plate doesn't look to be original from the angle the picture was taken, and the aperture sight could be a replacement as already mentioned.
    There were only 1000 of this particular pattern made, and they are getting harder to find in good condition, as is the second pattern which was produced in the same quantity, although for some reason the second pattern doesn't appear for sale as often as the first.

Having looked at this rifle more closely, it would appear the stock may not be original, as the chequering is out of position, the butt is cut off square and the butt plate does not appear to be original, plus the finish and condition of the stock does not match the condition of the action, therefore I have adjusted my estimate.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 24-01-2017 at 01:52 AM.

Webley

The butt plate was buffalo horn on the 1st series mk11

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    In my opinion, Your Webley Service Mk.II First Pattern with repro case should be worth around £550.
    As Pete says, the butt plate doesn't look to be original from the angle the picture was taken, and the aperture sight could be a replacement as already mentioned.
    There were only 1000 of this particular pattern made, and they are getting harder to find in good condition, as is the second pattern which was produced in the same quantity, although for some reason the second pattern doesn't appear for sale as often as the first.

Having looked at this rifle more closely, it would appear the stock may not be original, as the chequering is out of position, the butt is cut off square and the butt plate does not appear to be original, plus the finish and condition of the stock does not match the condition of the action, therefore I have adjusted my estimate.
    l would agree with the above. and just to add the spring clip also looks like it could be a replacement as it being in better condition than the rest of the rifle.

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    l would agree with the above. and just to add the spring clip also looks like it could be a replacement as it being in better condition than the rest of the rifle.
    Whoops l should have read the original post about the spring clip, the old times disease striks again

Thank you for your valuations, confirmed butt plate is non original, barrel spring I knew about still not sure about rear sight as it is extremely well made if a replacement. stock itself is original, the position of the chequering varies from rifle to rifle. I am asking £600.Sold
    Mac
    Last edited by elanmac; 25-01-2017 at 08:10 PM.