Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: walther lgu - spring maybe goosed.

It looks it under the magnifying glass , still appears elasticy .

The piston seal may be to blame but shouldn't be, check the spring guide isn't over tight it can sap power as over greased springs do.The service kit comes with a piston seal, piston guide, washer & lube which is handy.

I've run out of interest.

I think I can knock the LGU off my list!

Given what I have read here, I think I shall knock off the LGU from my possible buy list, given I am looking to purchase a modern springer. This has been a useful thread from that viewpoint.

Rgds
    Andrew.

I had an LGU and similar problems. Its a PITA getting parts so got shut and bought a HW97.
    Also have a TX so don't know why I wanted an LGU.

Snap , I've got a tx swell . Lovely.

This was going traded in part payment for a hw77 summer forest once it was sorted , but ....

Quote Originally Posted by seagate View Post
    Snap , I've got a tx swell . Lovely.

This was going traded in part payment for a hw77 summer forest once it was sorted , but ....
    I put a new spring in, titan, got it to 11ft/lbs, the tfp had been opened to 3.2 so was glad to trade it in for the 97 even though I took a hit on it.

This ones had various springs in it but to no avail , also tp at 3.2ish. I've read somewhere of issues with the under lever mechanism causing low power as the lever tangs location hole in the comp tube distorts causing the breach to not lock up properly. We live and learn.

I've run out of interest.
    Don't give up.

It MUST be sortable.

Reference your earlier post where it drops 20-30 fps and then slowly rises again....Does the piston seal seem a very easy, sliding fit? I'm just thinking along the lines of, when the gun cools (the seal shrinks more than the steel comp tube) you have a poorer seal. As it warms and the seal expands slightly, the seal seals (sic!) better and the power rises?

Even if they do seem okay, I'm thinking new breech and piston seal, check that, as Mick says, the guide isn't too tight, thorough degrease and careful re-lube and see how she goes. If you sort it, you might then want to keep. But even if not, you'll have a clear conscience if trading in.

Does anyone know if there have been any issues / reports of inconsistent dimensions with the comp tube ID?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

This ones had various springs in it but to no avail , also tp at 3.2ish. I've read somewhere of issues with the under lever mechanism causing low power as the lever tangs location hole in the comp tube distorts causing the breach to not lock up properly. We live and learn.
    I was going to ask if the comp tube lock up seemed consistent or not. I've not looked at one close up and haven't heard of any such issues, though. I'd have guessed that you would be able to tell by inspecting the pivot area?

Really hope you can sort this.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    I guess you mean here

http://imgur.com/3M0cm2P

It looks like a poor design,

I'm afraid the only inspection it'll be getting tomorrow is with the angle grinder for cathartic and therapeutic reasons.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'm afraid the only inspection it'll be getting tomorrow is with the angle grinder for cathartic and therapeutic reasons.
    lol- flog it to me cheap, I like challenges
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    lol- flog it to me cheap, I like challenges
    Nah ... you've got to many already.
    What he said plus 50p.
    Cheers, Phil

Very sorry men , but it's wound me up for the last maybe couple of years . My annoyance and disappointment needs sating through the medium of sparks and fire.