Thread: Walther Classus / Terrus

Walther Classus / Terrus

Reading the latest AGW this month and I see on test a new Walther Classus , but is this just a revamped Terrus ? does anybody know if the internals are the same ? would it have bearings on piston same as lgv ?
    The Terrus seems to be highly rated for its price range and I think I prefer the Terrus in its black synthetic stock . Interested if anybody has either of these rifles and what are your thoughts? .

I have the Terrus in.22 calibre. Shoots very nicely and is nicely balanced in the synthetic stock. There are only two things I would advise you to look out for:
    1. The one spring end is often left unfinished and finishing the spring off properly will improve shot cycle.
    2. Ignore any comments from Tinbum about the synthetic stock, he's a heathen.

TBH, I don't know about the Classic model, it appears to be a restocked Terrus

Hi macmerc, i have had my Terrus (wood stock .177) for nearly a year now,well balanced,accurate,well built,only thing i would have liked is to have the trigger second stage to have been adjustable for weight,its factory set but is very very good.no creep and a precise release point.
    Took mine apart as soon as i got it to check the spring finish,it was fine.
    Likes to shoot Falcon Accuracy Plus 4.52 best
    There is only a jolt on firing,no twisting,jumping and twanging,actually far smoother out of the box than a couple of expensive "tuned" springers owned by club members.
    I think the new Classus is the same mechanism in a new very nice "British"? looking stock.
    Try one first if you can, i brought mine from a dealer where i could try it out against a HW99, the other choice, a dozen shots and i was sold on it,but it may not be the same for you,so try if you can.
    You shouldn't need to think about stripping and tuning it to make it a good shooter,but, if you cant resist it's easy to take apart.

Don.

I have had two Terrus , firstly in .22 and now the Maxus in .177
    Both were stripped polished , spring ends finished a bit better than how they were originally and a Tinbum top hat kit installed .
    Im not one to work on rifles normally , but with the help of a knowledgeable friend the job was quite easy.
    The mistake that I made was to polish off the black coating from the piston on the Maxus .
    This allowed the grease to get in front and caused a small amount of diesleling .
    Quick re strip and fitted a sleeve.
    The rifle shoots so smooth and to me is every bit as good as the HW77 I had with a vmach kit fitted.
    Definite value for money .
    The synthetic stock is a marmite thing , but I love it .

Quote Originally Posted by macmerc View Post
    Reading the latest AGW this month and I see on test a new Walther Classus , but is this just a revamped Terrus ? does anybody know if the internals are the same ? would it have bearings on piston same as lgv ?
    The Terrus seems to be highly rated for its price range and I think I prefer the Terrus in its black synthetic stock . Interested if anybody has either of these rifles and what are your thoughts? .
    I think it is different, looking forward to the answer to this -
    I asked ages ago but no response, now in mags hopefully someone will get one apart soon
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Thanks for replys so far much appreciated.
    It's my father who is thinking about buying a Walther Terrus and he's on a budget so doesn't want to spend a fortune, but at the same time trying to get the best quality possible out of the box without the need to fettle as you would have to with Weihrauch!
    It will be for plinking, ratting, and some medium range target shooting, and so far looks like the Terrus ticks all the boxes .

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I think it is different, looking forward to the answer to this -
    I asked ages ago but no response, now in mags hopefully someone will get one apart soon
    I have a feeling that the internals won't be the same as a Lgv or Lgu and will more than likely be the same internals as a Terrus, this is reflected in the price of the new Classus and I expect its the minelli stock that has pushed the price up a bit , but as you say we will have to wait and see .