Thread: 77gn TMK in a 26" 1:9 barrel

77gn TMK in a 26" 1:9 barrel

Just wondered if anyone can tell me if these will be suited to a Remington 700PSS?

I know it says on the box for 1:7/1:8 barrels, but wondered if the longer barrel in my rifle might help.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers
    Paul

Never tried the TMK variant in my PSS.

However, I can confirm that the 77g SMK shot just fine even though it was a 1 in 9".

A friend couldn't get them to shoot in his rifle when but when chrono'd mine were doing about 150 fps more than his hand loads. So I would say it must be close to marginal.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple G View Post

However, I can confirm that the 77g SMK shot just fine even though it was a 1 in 9".

A friend couldn't get them to shoot in his rifle when but when chrono'd mine were doing about 150 fps more than his hand loads. So I would say it must be close to marginal.
    Thank you for your reply Triple G.

I guess I'm just going to have to give them a try.

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Triple G View Post

The TMK is longer due to the tip so would be even more marginal, 69s may be a better bet, but if you can get a some 77s to try no harm in it. My 1:9 CZ came with load data for 75 gr a-max so they must shoot ok in it, the rifle also shoots 40 gr SBKs incredibly well!!
    Thanks for looking