Thread: Hello everyone, new member and would appreciate help identifying this El Gamo rifle

Hello everyone, new member and would appreciate help identifying this El Gamo rifle

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this website and would like to say hello to everyone, my name is Patrick. My main reason for gaining interest in air rifles was because I have recently restored an old El Gamo break barrel rifle my grand father gave me about 18-20 years ago in a completely non-working state. I have brought it up to a functional state (still work to be done though), and would love and appreciate any possible information you may have on this particular rifle. As you can see it is a .22 El Gamo break barrel rifle, serial number 093655.

Again any information will be massively appreciated, and I look forward to spending some time on this forum getting to learn.

*edit* the scope was a separate scope I added because there were no sights on the rifle itself
    Last edited by Rickarim; 22-01-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Hello ,
    can't help with the rifle but I'm sure there are plenty that can
    mike

Hello and welcome to the forum. It looks like a ASI sniper to me missing its trigger guard; and in incredibly bad condition. I had the paratrooper which had a similar action. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or shoot me down!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Welcome!

Looks to me like an El Gamo Expo/Model 200/ASI Sniper (all different names for the same rifle) from the 70s and 80s.

Welcome aboard Patrick

I have absolutely no idea about your rifle but, well done for getting stuck in.

Being an older model, it might be worth having a word in Collectables - there's a lot of knowledge in there as well and, they may even be able to help with any parts that you might need.

Good luck and atb.

All of the above.

Welcome aboard, Patrick.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Looking at it, looks very similar to my old Sniper that's sat in the cupboard, so would agree to previous post that it's a 'Sniper'

On first look I thought 'Apache' but maybe 'Sniper'. Apache is 37" long, Sniper is 40.25".

Cheers, Phil

Interesting item

Amazing how many kinds of airgun there are out there. Collectors paradise.

Could be a ASI (Gamo) Magnum

Rangemaster

You need the sort of shop that sells random second hand parts. Protek supplies in Bognor Regis can help here, amongst others. They currently have some ASI original sight sets listed, and may have a selection of other parts if you ring them up. Good luck!