Thread: hello from new member

hello from new member

i have an original mod50 and wondered if anyone could direct me to either a video or some kind of tutorial about stripping it to service it. Also any kind of history about the different variations of this rifle. many thanks

Welcome aboard.

Your Original 50 should have the month and year of manufacture in VERY small numbers on the action above the stock on the l/h side (as you hold it) just above the trigger.
    If its a 3 ball trigger sear and your first airgun strip ...... I would leave it to the professionals.

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 23-01-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Welcome!

The Original 50 was in production for quite a long period and had a number of 'versions' - that date mark is important.

At one stage (middle - late 60's) Diana / M&G / Original used a 3 ball-bearing sear trigger which was known as T01 - great trigger but fiendish to take apart (successfully) as the parts are 'loose'. Later they turned that trigger unit into a Unified Trigger T01 where all the parts were held together in a single unit. That later type has no real problems and rarely requires anything more than a light oiling.

One of our members runs a Vintage Diana Forum where there is lots of info on this rifle(s) -

http://www.network54.com/Index/103829

Original mod50

Thanks for the info. Its not my first airgun strip i have done quite a few different models. Just needed a heads up on any pitfalls etc. I will check out the link..cheers!

Original mod50

Its a 1977 model i what looks like really good condition. Got it from chris thrale.