Thread: FPS variation in an HW100

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    5-7fps spread is superb, your rifle is perfect
    you don't give cal or actual readings but if .177, 700fps (ish) all are +/- 1%. if .22 at 560fps (ish) all are +/- 1.5%.
    Sorry, it's a .22!

Yes, I thought and average spread of 4fps was pretty good...

I'd like to see if I can get my 50m grouping down a bit. It's about 1" at the moment. Lots of things contribute to that of course, but you've got to start somewhere!

Yes you can't moan at them figures.
    Any rifle putting out single figure variations is spot on in my book

Most tuned PCP's would like to see those figures . My tuned XTX AIR BSA ultra is 4-5 fps and my standard HW100k's are about 6-8 fps

I recently bought a new hw100 22 , it produces over 100 shots between 560 and 570 fps with 16grn jsb. I'm happy with that.

Here the graph. It's a 2009 gun I bought second hand. Very little use and never been apart.

The barrel was shagged though...

It's now got a brand new barrel on now.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9ekpckt9.jpg

Hi Richard, the hw100 regulator has a bit of "creep" at high cylinder fill the output will be higher, at low fill it will be lower. can be like 5%.
    it is not like a Vulcan or Cricket regulator where you have a firm hard seat, but it is using the ball bearing lifted off the rubber seat by the regulator piston. The guns knock open valve will sort out/compensate for this variation. so it is not critical.

there is a video of a spanish guy on youtube who works the hw100, he polishes the hammer and the shuttle etc. if you have not had your action apart, worth trying. polishing helps.

with my Vulcan(recommended), when i R2 chrony it (recommended) i am getting MANY duplicate readings in fps, which is something.
    I dont see this with hw100s.

you can try to use different measuring equipment thats why i am linking you this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsDoqHOFIEI
    i got mine from forguns_pl off delivered with no issues and it is the best chrony in my opinion.

Edit:
    single digit deviations will NOT move the POI. so dont dwell on this.
    Last edited by krisko; 23-01-2017 at 06:19 PM.