View Poll Results: Is the HW100 the best PCP on the market?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% agree, there isn't anything better.

39 21.91%
  • Maybe, but I haven't tried them all.

62 34.83%
  • There are so many better options.

70 39.33%
  • I hate the HW100, my least favourite gun.

7 3.93%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are HW100's the best non-FAC PCP ever made?

Thumbs up Are HW100's the best non-FAC PCP ever made?

I'm new to the forum and just want to gauge your thoughts on the HW100. As far as I can tell it's the most accurate and well made PCP out there. And its a really good price considering what you get too!

My only problems with it are the weight and the low shot count, but neither of these are deal breakers!

Neither the best ever or the best currently available, but that's not to say it's not good.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I'd have to agree it's a great gun, but not the best. Now if you had asked "is it the best for the money", then the field would narrow again.

James

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I love mine but I'm no expert at all. Bought mine after reading much about them in my price range
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Excuse the pun but HW100 are solidly built and bullet proof. Buying new they do represent reasonably good value for money, and once the initial depreciation is taken away they hold their second hand price well. The 14 shot magazine is probably the best out there, the lever action is excellent too. The HW100 is a little dated now in comparison to some of the other competition but still a popular choice.

I have daystate mk4 177 and a hw 100 177 I would say the mk4 just shades it on accuracy but only just I like the fireing cycle on my mk4 more than the 100 but will keep them both as they are top notch rifles I have had styers ripleys air arms and many more but in my opinion the dayste mk4 and hw 100 are the best rifles on the market cost me a fortune to find this out

Try a Steyr Hunting 5, for accuracy and consistency, and build quality too. Moreover you can service and maintain it yourself, and the manufacturer even hosts videos showing you how.

Compare that to the HW100 where even gunsmiths can't get spare parts.

It may only have a 5 shot mag but like the HW100 you can't double load. In fact, if you take away the mag the H5 is unable to fire at all, not even dry fire. You can't leave a pellet in the breech. How's that for safety?
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Silver Captain Guest
    All I can say is my 100T is a keeper......great accuracy, great engineering and all at a reasonable price.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Try a Steyr Hunting 5, for accuracy and consistency, and build quality too. Moreover you can service and maintain it yourself, and the manufacturer even hosts videos showing you how.

Compare that to the HW100 where even gunsmiths can't get spare parts.

It may only have a 5 shot mag but like the HW100 you can't double load. In fact, if you take away the mag the H5 is unable to fire at all, not even dry fire. You can't leave a pellet in the breech. How's that for safety?
    Damn you man you've got me looking now
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Food for thought

I see mention of a couple of interesting alternatives, what are the prices on those bad boys?

Probably one of the best PCP guns made and that's why i have two

By the way welcome and i am just down the road from you , Wimborne

Personally i can't see how the HW100 can be bettered, apart from looks maybe but that is irrelevant.

You highlighted the two big problems that may not be deal breakers to you but they are to me, the weight and the shot count.
    Great gun but not the best ever.
    The beauty of being in a good airgun club with over 250 members www.airgunshooter.co.uk is that you just about see every model of airgun out their and most people love you to have a go with them.
    There are a lot of good guns on the market at the moment.
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

Thumbs up Hw100

The shot count and weight are both fixable, get hw100fsb carbine the shroud is long enough to take the full length a&m lightweight cylinder with space to fit the silencer. My .177 does at least 140 shots my .22 175 shots. Problem solved
    mk2 rapid.22

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    HW100's are superb rifles, however I wouldn't swap my BTAS Elan for one, I'd put that as the best sub 12 air rifle, 17 shot mag, 5 mags per fill, weighs very little, is as accurate as anything else and they're like unicorn droppings!
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!