Thread: Advice on some Delta or Bushnell scopes

Advice on some Delta or Bushnell scopes

Has anyone got any hands on experience of the following scopes I am thinking in choosing between, I do like a big field of view so something with 50 bell minimum and a low to middle mag range really, something that is not too long either but with nice Jap glass at a mid price range.

So I have it down between :- Delta Titanium 2.5-15×56 HD Illuminated 4a SF, Delta Titanium 2.5-16×50 IR 4A SF and the Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16×50 which doesn't have the illuminated dot reticule. Thinks they are all mad in the same factory.

Not sure how much use a simple dot illumination reticle is anyway, most of the time I can't see them but these are daylight visible on the Deltas, but it's still only a dot so not much use I think.

I'm probably swithering to the Bushnell due to its compactness and weight, but the second Delta is the same price but has an IR but it's on the ocular bell so not so keen on that style.

Any help appreciated.
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Evening "Chief" !
    With regard to your scope, consider a few things ;
    What are you wanting it to do ?
    What are you shooting and at what time of the day ?
    In fact, what season are you shooting ?
    Whats the terraine like, flat, hilly, marshy ?
    What rifle (air, rimfire or centrefire) are you using ?

I'm not familiar with Delta scopes but I've owned and still do use Bushnell scopes on my air rifles and in the past rimfires.
    Do you really need IR or lets say a 56mm objective lens, they are afterall heavy ?
    Personally, I use the Bushnell Legend 5-15x40AO scopes on a few working springers. I also use a Bushie Elite 6500 5-15x40 AO and an Elite 4200 6-24x40AO on two other spring air weapons. All perform very well, I don't have IR and get by quite well without even in low light at 4am in summer.
    To add a comparison, I do use 56mm and 50mm plus IR on my deer stalking rifles in low light early in the morning up your "neck o the woods" in Argyll but thats a different set of circumstances.

To conclude, it all depends on what you intend to use you scope for !

Good luck, and if you can make it, try and attend one of the Spring Bash's, there's a mine of Info. down there and you can meet up with a shed-load of great (and funny) Guys who are "full-on" with all this sort of stuff !

I'm 64 yo and I'm still learning from Guys half my age !
    “An airgun or two”………

Thanks mate, it's going on my custom 80, so I'm looking at the Bushnell probably. The Delta is the same scope with a few extras sold via Poland for less than the Bushnell.

I don't need an illuminated reticle, in fact unless it's on full I cant see them as I am red green colour blind, however my night vision is excellent,,,,,,, go figure.

It will be used for some lamping, and late roost shooting on the woodies.

If you shoot at Argyll, the first bit of hill and greenery you see as you leave civilisation in your car at Dumbarton on the A82 is where I am, I sat behind a bush watching two Roe lying down sunning themselves on a southern facing knoll on Saturday, just 60 yards away.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    Thanks mate, it's going on my custom 80, so I'm looking at the Bushnell probably. The Delta is the same scope with a few extras sold via Poland for less than the Bushnell.

I don't need an illuminated reticle, in fact unless it's on full I cant see them as I am red green colour blind, however my night vision is excellent,,,,,,, go figure.

It will be used for some lamping, and late roost shooting on the woodies.

If you shoot at Argyll, the first bit of hill and greenery you see as you leave civilisation in your car at Dumbarton on the A82 is where I am, I sat behind a bush watching two Roe lying down sunning themselves on a southern facing knoll on Saturday, just 60 yards away.
    Know the area fairly well. Picked up my Mate two years back from Glasgow airport one night at 8pm in October.
    Just past the "Crown Roundabout" on the A82 towards L. Lomond (not its real name but you'll know the one) were at least two dozen Red hinds on the wayside !
    Many deer around those parts !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    Has anyone got any hands on experience of the following scopes I am thinking in choosing between, I do like a big field of view so something with 50 bell minimum and a low to middle mag range really, something that is not too long either but with nice Jap glass at a mid price range.

So I have it down between :- Delta Titanium 2.5-15×56 HD Illuminated 4a SF, Delta Titanium 2.5-16×50 IR 4A SF and the Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16×50 which doesn't have the illuminated dot reticule. Thinks they are all mad in the same factory.

Not sure how much use a simple dot illumination reticle is anyway, most of the time I can't see them but these are daylight visible on the Deltas, but it's still only a dot so not much use I think.

I'm probably swithering to the Bushnell due to its compactness and weight, but the second Delta is the same price but has an IR but it's on the ocular bell so not so keen on that style.

Any help appreciated.
    Have you checked out sharpshooting uk on the tube, I'm sure Richard Utting did a review a while back.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Isn't one of the delta Scopes based on the fine lightstream, I own lightstream and it'd much better than my bushnell elite 6500 in every way, the bushnell is still an excellent scope

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Know the area fairly well. Picked up my Mate two years back from Glasgow airport one night at 8pm in October.
    Just past the "Crown Roundabout" on the A82 towards L. Lomond (not its real name but you'll know the one) were at least two dozen Red hinds on the wayside !
    Many deer around those parts !
    That's the Balloch roundabout, if you look close its not a crown, its metal framing to hang the flying metal geese, it only cost several hundred thousand pounds to build and only three people died in an accident due to road works connected to it in one day.