Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW100 KT - boring!

Weihrauch HW100 KT - boring!

Well I've always been an Air Arms (pcp) shooter, love the way they feel in the shoulder and shoot. Single shot or magazine, never any problems and more accurate than I am, they all hit what I point them at.
    However, at the beginning of Dec I became the owner of a brand new HW100 KT in .177. For various reasons, I haven't been able to shoot it until today. Well, what an odd gun. Its accuracy I can't fault, with various pellets; but how characterless it is! It just feels completely dead.......no soul, no feedback, no anything. It just sits there, boringly stuck on the target while the trigger is pulled, the target gets hit, and it still just sits there. I wanted to shout at it "GET SOME LIFE", " DO SOMETHING, DON'T JUST SIT THERE". At least my AA guns try to be part of the family; they try to trick me into a false sense of accuracy and make me work for the results. I think that's the enjoyment I get from shooting them, but the HW almost does the work for me and therefore seems to take away a lot of the enjoyment. If I had just one PCP, the HW, I think I'd only shoot my springers, probably believing that other pcps are as dead as the HW. If I hunted, then I could see where the HW would come into its own, no chance of wounding from that!
    I'm tempted to sell it, but I don't really want to. I will shoot it again, but I now know what to expect from it in future........exactly nothing! Just have to find some way of challenging it further, I guess, unless someone can come up with an idea of how I can transplant some charisma into it!
    Atb Dave.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    All PCP's are boring.

But they all do the job they was designed to do VERY well.
    Master Debater

Drop it a few times.That should do it

Well, its kinda absurd really, and possibly more about becoming bored with the format of the shooting that you do?

I mean, it's only going to be a bit deader, a bit quieter, a bit easier, than a AA PCP...?

So perhaps the shooting you're doing is not challenging you. Maybe you're shooting easy targets off a bench with no wind?

Otherwise - If you can hit everything in sight from unsupported positions - Then we need you in our national shooting squads to bring back the gold medals!

Don't get me wrong though, I agree the HW is as boring as shit. Try taking the moderator off.

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    They are indeed boringly perfect.
    I sold mine to get my TTR. The TTR is capable of exactly the same accuracy wise, but it makes you work for it and is more agricultural. It occasionally springs a leak, or decides it doesn't like a pellet or just does something because it feels like it, but when you make it feel all cosy and loved again it will be as accurate as anything.
    I have considered many times selling it and getting another HW100, probably a .177 KT Laminate, but that unpredictability is what keeps it in the cabinet. The HW just got a bit too "easy" to live with, and that's why it became less fun....you couldn't tinker with it once you had achieved optimum settings, you just lived with it.

We all search for perfection, then find it, then get bored of it

Regards,
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

Maybe you need to get a cap and ball .44 revolver... you just never know if it's going to blow your hand off.... and there's there's that priceless moment when the primer pops and the main charge doesn't go, for about 1/4 of a second...

The other option is to see if you can shoot an inch group at 100 yards with the HW... Mine will only do an inch at 50...

I think all PCP's are a bit lifeless compared to springers... but they are very good tools for the job...

I thought that is the point of a gun ,to pull the trigger and hit target spot on ,whether hunting , HFT or plinking

Quote Originally Posted by rgc_swanseaARC View Post
    They are indeed boringly perfect.
    I sold mine to get my TTR. The TTR is capable of exactly the same accuracy wise, but it makes you work for it and is more agricultural. It occasionally springs a leak, or decides it doesn't like a pellet or just does something because it feels like it, but when you make it feel all cosy and loved again it will be as accurate as anything.
    I have considered many times selling it and getting another HW100, probably a .177 KT Laminate, but that unpredictability is what keeps it in the cabinet. The HW just got a bit too "easy" to live with, and that's why it became less fun....you couldn't tinker with it once you had achieved optimum settings, you just lived with it.

We all search for perfection, then find it, then get bored of it

Regards,
    Rhys
    You had perfection ?
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Maybe not a charisma transplant but it stops the stock looking like the wrong end of a paddle boat oar:

http://i.imgur.com/eis8gFZ.jpg

Behold the HW100 KT "elegance" model.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Nice looking work on that stock , very tidy.

I bought a boring hw kt la a few weeks ago , I must admit it's hardly thrilling to look at , quite drab and ugly . On the other hand , it shoulders and shoots beautifully.

Hw100

I have the full length laminate hw100 makes it a bit different, its the sound, just the flat dull click that's depressing. The longer you have it the more you will appreciate its qualities I will never sell mine. Get a less effective silencer for a different sound. Shoot at longer range 60yds plus until you start missing, shoot out doors unsupported not off a bench.
    mk2 rapid.22

Boringly accurate? Sounds just the ticket for pest control where deadly accuracy is surely a key requisite for humane dispatch. Along with the inability to double load and the ease of changing magazines in the dark etc.
    "Character" is perhaps a more desirable trait for recreational use
    It always make me smile to contrast how some PCP users want more "character" in their guns and the springer men are trying to smooth their actions (so they are more like PCPs)
    Just as well we don't all have the same tastes or it would be a boring world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Well, its kinda absurd really, and possibly more about becoming bored with the format of the shooting that you do?

I mean, it's only going to be a bit deader, a bit quieter, a bit easier, than a AA PCP...?

So perhaps the shooting you're doing is not challenging you.
    I'm with Mr McNote on this.

Okay, I don't do PCPs, I do springers and I love the character and feel that they're "alive" and part of you and you have to develop that vital symbiosis 'twixt man and machine to get the best out of them.

But, surely, the whole point of owning the '100 is so you have something with perfect accuracy, that's easy to use and that can guide your pellets with laser-guided precision to the mark. So I think it's down to extending the range, chasing ever tinier groups at those longer ranges and stretching yourself and the gun.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

once was umming an arring at getting an hw100..., glad now that I bought my huntsman instead because when I get boared of drilling tiny holes in paper I can just lay it down and look at it lol!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    You had perfection ?
    The gun did...I was just along for the ride lol
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF