Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what gives with Diving Shops?

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

what gives with Diving Shops?

I went today to fill up my 7lt 300 bar bottle,filled it up and went to pay,3.50,keeper said sorry it's 4quid now for any 300 bar bottle,he's got a board with the price's on there and told him,he says thats all changed,prices have gone up.Now I aint having ago but wot gets me is that a diver with the same size bottle go's in with just 50bar left in his bottle and is filled up to 300bar,my bottle has 200 bar left so only needs100bar to top up where as the diver needs 250 bar and is charged the same money,also my other question was ANY 300 bar bottle? what if it's a 12lt,same money?it don't add up,also I've noticed that they dont seem to like Airgunners for some strange reason,they seem to forget that that's money their way and should'ent be stroppy with us,also another shop when I take my bottle to him, with in a few fill's of my b/bottles the bars on the 7lt are nearly 200bars making me think did he put 300 bars ?how am I to test them,and he's also stroppy,checking the bottle,the fittings,test date the lot and I keep telling the both of them test date's not due until july 07,and this one charges 4.50,I know they have their running costs and whatever have you and have heard from other gunners probs that they have had,some dont even serve them,why? I'll never know,just would like them to treat us as punters just like the divers that go in and not some kind of toe rag,if you think how many Air Gunners out there with pcp's I think we deserve better then this.Also I'd like to add that one time it's 3.50 the next 3.85 next 4.00 pounds ,the other one does that too,my mate went in there a few days after me and paid a fiver,I was baffled,so I also think if it's a face they hav'ent seen before they pull a fast one,I wish Ben taylor was nearer,when I take my bottle to him I get quite a few fills from my tank when he fills it,so please if any Dive shop owner reads this dont take it to heart just treat us fairly.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 26-08-2005 at 03:28 PM.

My local dive shop is great! Very friendly and helpful.
    Is there nowhere else you can go? Give your money to someone who deserves it

I guess I'm lucky - my local sometimes lets off me off paying if I give them a rabbit.

Chuck away those nasty Rapids, Costas and use the Eliminator instead.

Lionel

Your Lucky pod.

Now Now Lionel,dont say horrible nasty things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lionel
    I guess I'm lucky - my local sometimes lets off me off paying if I give them a rabbit.

Chuck away those nasty Rapids, Costas and use the Eliminator instead.

Lionel
    Blasphemy Mr Lionel...
    My Rapid is FAR more accurate than me..
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

AlecMac Guest
    He's not being stroppy when he checks the dates and fittings. Only an idiot would assume a bottle is ok on the say of some bloke.

I've never filled a bottle without checking the date.

Quote Originally Posted by snock
    Blasphemy Mr Lionel...
    My Rapid is FAR more accurate than me..
    Tell me where your Rapid shoots and I'll go and watch it in action. Why don't you come along too?

A growling and foaming Lionel

Our club has got a twin set with two 4 litre bottles commoned together, so it's not possible to fill one and not the other. They are physically joined at the handle and with a figure of eight clamp near the base.

Initially we had an issue with the dive shop who wanted to charge us for filling TWO bottles, but when he realised there was a fair number of club members who might be influenced by his approach he agreed it only counts as one bottle.

We buy a pre-paid card for £12 and that allows us 5 fills to 300 bar - any size bottle. Each time they fill a bottle they punch a hole in the card. 5 holes, card is empty. Save 5 cards, get a free fill.

Tell me where your Rapid shoots and I'll go and watch it in action. Why don't you come along too?

A growling and foaming Lionel

''PS - I much prefer people saying "if I miss - I know it's not the gun's fault". The expression " the gun is more accurate than I am" is almost as annoying as someone asking "how many rabbits can you carry?" when you say you need more shots per charge.''
    Seriously Lionel, it does do as it's told. I've no complaints, as if it misses it's because i've pointed the thing in the wrong direction.
    Just jibing.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Just empty your bottle before you go, at least that way you are getting a 300 Bar fill for your £4, its only air after all. Cheap for all those shots
    My dive shop is 2 mins up the road, very friendly and helpful, I dont mind giving him £3.50, he's had to layout for all the gear.
    Last edited by Mutt; 26-08-2005 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecMac
    He's not being stroppy when he checks the dates and fittings. Only an idiot would assume a bottle is ok on the say of some bloke.

I've never filled a bottle without checking the date.
    Alecmac,the date's on the bottle, and he's seen the bottle so many times,that's not the strop I 'am talking about,it'a the attitued ,also I dont say it's OK,he sees the dates on the bottle.

Charging

I got charged £2 in Tal arms to charge my 7litre 300 bar bottle today. No hassle and courteous with it.

Some of these places are a bit precious about being a "dive shop" and frown a bit on us
    humble airgunners.

I have a shop in Newbury where the bloke can only be described as rude. So I determined
    that he doesn't need my money and I don't need his service.

Vote with your feet and find someone who is a bit more understanding

Wraith Guest
    He probably knows his overheards, knows he's not going to make a lot doing £3 fills whatever the size, and regards you as a damn nuiscance.

Divers go back and spend money in the shop on kit.

Not saying it's nice, but probably a true reflection

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Our club has got a twin set with two 4 litre bottles commoned together, so it's not possible to fill one and not the other. They are physically joined at the handle and with a figure of eight clamp near the base.

Initially we had an issue with the dive shop who wanted to charge us for filling TWO bottles, but when he realised there was a fair number of club members who might be influenced by his approach he agreed it only counts as one bottle.

We buy a pre-paid card for £12 and that allows us 5 fills to 300 bar - any size bottle. Each time they fill a bottle they punch a hole in the card. 5 holes, card is empty. Save 5 cards, get a free fill.
    Ah, Lovely Devon