Thread: what gives with Diving Shops?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snock
    Blasphemy Mr Lionel...
    My Rapid is FAR more accurate than me..
    Tell me where your Rapid shoots and I'll go and watch it in action. Why don't you come along too?

A growling and foaming Lionel

Quote Originally Posted by lionel
    Tell me where your Rapid shoots and I'll go and watch it in action. Why don't you come along too?

A growling and foaming Lionel

Quote Originally Posted by lionel
    ''PS - I much prefer people saying "if I miss - I know it's not the gun's fault". The expression " the gun is more accurate than I am" is almost as annoying as someone asking "how many rabbits can you carry?" when you say you need more shots per charge.''
    Seriously Lionel, it does do as it's told. I've no complaints, as if it misses it's because i've pointed the thing in the wrong direction.
    Just jibing.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Just empty your bottle before you go, at least that way you are getting a 300 Bar fill for your £4, its only air after all. Cheap for all those shots
    My dive shop is 2 mins up the road, very friendly and helpful, I dont mind giving him £3.50, he's had to layout for all the gear.
    Last edited by Mutt; 26-08-2005 at 03:50 PM.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt
    Just empty your bottle before you go, at least that way you are getting a 300 Bar fill for your £4, its only air after all. Cheap for all those shots
    It's not the Money, if it's 4quid then ok,but dont just make them up as you will,one day 4 quid the next4.50 ,what I 'am trying to point out is that we dont cost them alot of air so why the cold treatment.?

Dave. Guest
    Think yourselves lucky, my local dive shop has just changed from giving totally free fills to charging £8
    Basically he doesn't really want shooters in the shop anymore as he's apparently had a bit of grief from a few dickheads, so he's decided to charge an extortionate price to shooters.

Divers still get free fills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.
    Think yourselves lucky, my local dive shop has just changed from giving totally free fills to charging £8
    Basically he doesn't really want shooters in the shop anymore as he's apparently had a bit of grief from a few dickheads, so he's decided to charge an extortionate price to shooters.

Divers still get free fills.
    Maybe you should walk into his shop donning full diver apparel, flippers, mask, lead weights the lot. Then demand your free fill.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Mutt, do you go to Slough scuba to get yours filled?
    Gary, the owner, is a helpful chap. I just dropped my bottle into him for re-testing.

Marcus.
    I've always found him to be sound too.
    I'm now waiting for my bottle to be done. He's gonna ring me to pick it up next Thursday.

Pete.

Snock, I go to Bisham Abbey Sports Centre 'Scuba Dive Training' http://www.scubadivetraining.co.uk/
    Used the guy over at Slough the first time, very friendly lot they are too, just use the Bisham one as its closer.

There will always be one I guess who is not as friendly as others may be, I admit, the experience is nicer if they are friendly but if it bothers you that much, do as was suggested earlier and 'vote with your feet'
    Personally I would just put up with it if its in a convenient location to you, you probably dont need to go that often, at least get your 300 bars worth when you do