Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what gives with Diving Shops?

It may also be worth asking him to let it cool before topping up.
    As the air compresses it will heat up and causing the dial to read low as the air is less dense, therefore letting it to cool will allow the bottle to filled fully.
    IE, you get your money's worth.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt
    Just empty your bottle before you go, at least that way you are getting a 300 Bar fill for your £4, its only air after all. Cheap for all those shots
    It's not the Money, if it's 4quid then ok,but dont just make them up as you will,one day 4 quid the next4.50 ,what I 'am trying to point out is that we dont cost them alot of air so why the cold treatment.?

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by snock
    It may also be worth asking him to let it cool before topping up.
    As the air compresses it will heat up and causing the dial to read low as the air is less dense, therefore letting it to cool will allow the bottle to filled fully.
    IE, you get your money's worth.
    Are you mad,he'll throw me and me bottle out of the shop,I dont know,maybe there's somthing in the air that gets up their nose.

Thumbs up Diving Centres

I have just had the valve changed on my 3 Ltr 232 Bar cylinder (from an 'A' clamp to DIN Gun Valve), they did this while I waited and then refilled the cylinder, from pulling into carpark to starting engine 20 minutes . I also sorted out a few other things. Was only charged for the new valve and guage, no charge for the refilling of the cylinder. What's the name of this shop I hear you ask, SDS Watersports, Sheffield. FANTASTIC service, GREAT staff and BLOOMING BRILLIANT prices. I'll be going back there when my cylinders (3 Ltr 232 Bar & 12 Ltr 300Bar) need testing as they do all the testing in house, so should only take 2 to 3 days.

barnsley

Dave. Guest
    Think yourselves lucky, my local dive shop has just changed from giving totally free fills to charging £8
    Basically he doesn't really want shooters in the shop anymore as he's apparently had a bit of grief from a few dickheads, so he's decided to charge an extortionate price to shooters.

Divers still get free fills.

There will always be one I guess who is not as friendly as others may be, I admit, the experience is nicer if they are friendly but if it bothers you that much, do as was suggested earlier and 'vote with your feet'
    Personally I would just put up with it if its in a convenient location to you, you probably dont need to go that often, at least get your 300 bars worth when you do

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.
    Think yourselves lucky, my local dive shop has just changed from giving totally free fills to charging £8
    Basically he doesn't really want shooters in the shop anymore as he's apparently had a bit of grief from a few dickheads, so he's decided to charge an extortionate price to shooters.

Divers still get free fills.
    Maybe you should walk into his shop donning full diver apparel, flippers, mask, lead weights the lot. Then demand your free fill.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Mutt, do you go to Slough scuba to get yours filled?
    Gary, the owner, is a helpful chap. I just dropped my bottle into him for re-testing.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Nealsey
    I got charged £2 in Tal arms to charge my 7litre 300 bar bottle today. No hassle and courteous with it.

Some of these places are a bit precious about being a "dive shop" and frown a bit on us
    humble airgunners.

I have a shop in Newbury where the bloke can only be described as rude. So I determined
    that he doesn't need my money and I don't need his service.

Vote with your feet and find someone who is a bit more understanding
    Agree totally but easier said than done sometimes.

Marcus.
    I've always found him to be sound too.
    I'm now waiting for my bottle to be done. He's gonna ring me to pick it up next Thursday.

Pete.

Snock, I go to Bisham Abbey Sports Centre 'Scuba Dive Training' http://www.scubadivetraining.co.uk/
    Used the guy over at Slough the first time, very friendly lot they are too, just use the Bisham one as its closer.

I had no idea they have a facility at BA for this!!!
    They are closer to me too. Any idea if they give fills to the public? And what their prices are?

Cheers
    Pete.

Give him a ring first when you want a fill, he doesnt start his compressors until lunchtime. He charged me £3.50

Any idea if they give fills to the public?
    I am the 'Public' so I guess they do

If these dive shops had any sense they would have a shelf set aside for airgunner's bits and bobs - pellets etc. On some days, airgunners looking for fills are the only customers in my local dive shop.

Snock - I like your description "where you point your Rapid it shoots". It's the phrase "this gun is more accurate than I am" that drives me mad. It's one of those hoary old cliches that's been trotted out by the airgun rags for years. It's then parroted by their gullible readers, who use the phrase with a knowing wink down at the club to impress their mates.

Imagine going into a gardening shop and asking what a particular lawnmower is like. If the salesman said "it will cut the grass far better than you sir" you'd punch him in the mouth.

Lionel

Wraith Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lionel
    Imagine going into a gardening shop and asking what a particular lawnmower is like. If the salesman said "it will cut the grass far better than you sir" you'd punch him in the mouth.

Lionel
    or at least give him a quick perm...