Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what gives with Diving Shops?

Quote Originally Posted by lionel
    If these dive shops had any sense they would have a shelf set aside for airgunner's bits and bobs - pellets etc. On some days, airgunners looking for fills are the only customers in my local dive shop.

Snock - I like your description "where you point your Rapid it shoots". It's the phrase "this gun is more accurate than I am" that drives me mad.
    Imagine going into a gardening shop and asking what a particular lawnmower is like. If the salesman said "it will cut the grass far better than you sir" you'd punch him in the mouth.

Lionel
    Or this pen will write much neater than i can.

I guess its a case of 'bad workmen...''
    As with most guns though, the human is the weakest link.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    or at least give him a quick perm...
    Christ - Wraith is stalking me now from thread to thread Stalking a hairdressing werewolf - have you no self-respect man??

Lionel

Paul .177 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter

with in a few fill's of my b/bottles the bars on the 7lt are nearly 200bars making me think did he put 300 bars ?how am I to test them

Take a blanking plug with you and screw it in to check the pressure before you leave the shop.

For us over here there are a few places that fill bottles but they all only do 232bar. The one I uses has just charged me £9 to fill a 15ltr, 10ltr and 3tlr bottles.

All I do is give him a ring a few days in advance and arrange a time to drop them off, he does diving as a trade so not always there. Once dropped off arrange to pick the bottles up 5 or so days later and at a approximate time. Bottles are then left in a location ready to be picked up.

He gives us notice of when the bottles are nearly due for test and we can arrange through him for them to be done. I believe that one of our local gun shops charges £1 for a rifle to be filled.
    infensus procul vox locus procul nefas vicis
    I aimed at the right place at the wrong time.

clubshot Guest

Arrow

I get mine filled @ Dive force Marine
    Bottom of A10 - N13

His prices have recently gone up
    At least I do get 300 Bar

Explained H & S requirements
    And cost of servicing Pumping equipment
    Has explained that 300 Bar causes extra strain on Pump

As in any Direct Labour Service
    Staff cost money....

We have been asked to get a Bottle Filling unit @
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club

Reason we have not done it

Space for Pump & Storage Tanks
    Legal Liability
    Club would never recover costs

BOB/R

The price of my fills vary from £2 to zero, it all depends what the lady who fills em feels like. If Hitlers in the trench it's £2, if she had it the night before it's £1 if it was a goodun it's free I kid ewe not Oh and thats for 300bar fills

Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.

£2 a pop for my 7l 300bar twinset at my local place - 200yards up the road!

guybinks Guest
    Upperfield diving charge a princely £1 for a fill

Or a Kings Ransom of £2 if there's less than 50bar in the bottle.

Granted that its only good if you live in my area

They have even filled my S400 straight from their bottles in the past, top shop.

And nice to boot.

Velocette Guest
    Robin Hood Watersports at Heckmondwike are a very good shop,,a BIG 300 bar 12L fill for 3 quid,, friendly and helpfull.

verminhunter don't put up with it, if it was me I would confront the guy (don't be rude unless he is first) if it gets into a slanging match tell him were he can put his air & find somewere else, I go diving & also go to quite a lot of dive shops & they are grateful for any business they get, generally very nice people who want to help you.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    They were usually friendly but lately abit of a long face the minute you walk in the shop,even when theres a few divers talking with the owner the shop go's quiet ,I know they can tell your an air gunner by the fittings on your bottle,I duna know,maybe it's me or what but they have changed towards air shooters.A while back I went to get a fill and sods law they were talking about the 2year old that got shot,talking aload of B----ks,I felt like giving them a bit of my mind but said to myself just go to the farm and leave them alone,not only to spoil my day shooting but not to lose the place to fill my bottle,just filled my bottle,paid and left,been back once more but it aint the same ant more,I dont complain about things in general but this one's been going on for a while and never said a word,sorry lads but could'ent keep it inside me any longer.
    Some of you are lucky with your dive shops belive me.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 26-08-2005 at 09:13 PM.

Northernspark Guest
    My local dive shop is run by a really friendly guy, 300 bar fills 3 quid, he accepts that my bottle is surface use only and accepts a 5 year test.

Steve

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O
    My local dive shop is run by a really friendly guy, 300 bar fills 3 quid, he accepts that my bottle is surface use only and accepts a 5 year test.

Steve
    Whereabouts is the shop?sounds alright.

Northernspark Guest
    Academy divers in Wakefield

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by clubshot
    Explained H & S requirements
    And cost of servicing Pumping equipment
    Has explained that 300 Bar causes extra strain on Pump
    BOB/R
    There's no extra strain on a pump designed to work @ 300 Bar.

If he's using one only designed to work @ 232 Bar, keep well clear when they are filling.

What happened to those small compressors that use to be for sale, around £500.

Four guys £125 = £500 - 50 fills each @ £2.50 = £125, got your money back. Then it's all profit.

Each pay's £2.50 a fill untill his shair is paid for. Then free air. + service and maintenance.

Doesn't take much figuring out, if there's an active group of you in the same location, gettin' ripped off.

Ray