Thread: Daystate Wolverine C Stock Replacement

Daystate Wolverine C Stock Replacement

Hi All

Quick Question - Anyone know where I can pick up a replacement stock for a Wolverine C for a reasonable price? I'm not necessarily looking for a custom one, a simple replacement one would do.

I've had a 'little accident' with mine.....

Thanks

Ross
    The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese..

Email Daystate they sometimes have slight seconds at a discount
    Got to ask though what did you do to yours , there has gotta be a story

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Email Daystate they sometimes have slight seconds at a discount
    Got to ask though what did you do to yours , there has gotta be a story
    Hi MrGrumpy

Thanks for the info, I'll send them an email and keep my fingers crossed.

What happened? Well, visited my local range today and had a lovely day shooting a couple of my rifles with friends, the wolverine being the last one. Got a message from the misses that she was finishing early, changing the time for me to leave so I started packing up. Was chatting to a couple of the guys while doing so and then the phone rang. Answered that then got distracted by another conversation. Then realised the time and realised I really had to get going.

As I was distracted by the phone, conversations etc, I did not do my normal check routine. Picked up the bag and discovered to my cost that I had not fully zipped it shut! I watched as the rifle fell out and headed down towards the cold, hard floor.

I did my best to first catch it and them hinder it's decent with my foot - to no avail. My knees and back are not what they used to be since playing rugby, work and other such activities when I was younger and could not get it in time. Imagine my face as I watch it bounce and then make a horrid sound.

Anyway, the outcome is I currently have a shortened Wolverine C. The stock has snapped in the thumb hole area at the top and bottom. It is a clean break however and it may be able to be repaired. Alas, it was a fantastic piece of walnut and I'm hoping the repair will be almost seamless.

However, if I do ever want to sell the gun I know a repair will hurt the value - hence why I'm on the lookout for a potential replacement. Also as a backup if the current stock cannot be fixed for any reason.

Please don't judge me too harshly! I know it's a rookie mistake, but accidents do happen. Will make sure I do my checks fully without fail in the future.

ATB

Ross
    The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese..

i cringed all the way through that tale of woe !!! i think i could see it happening in slow motion
    However i think you have two problems there 1 having a wife , never fancied one of those myself as im baffled and confused by this need to pair bond . 2 mobile phones mine is turned on for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening
    If its any consolation i did nearly drop my Air ranger once , well i did drop it but i dropped myself underneath it !!
    i stepped over a low wall while lamping that would have been a very high wall if approached from the other side ( that makes sense in my head )
    I managed to flip myself while falling so the gun landed on me instead of the other way round .
    Another idea as you will now have a spare stock i seen hw100 and a DS fitted with m4 stock and a folding stock could be a nice little project
    If that idea interests you have a look on fleabay or greenbase hk

Painful

I feel your pain my lad drove over my brand new R10 in the whilst parking in the garage I'd put it up against the wall whilst doing a sprint for the gents bloody thing fell down. Now I never lean a weapon agains a wall not ever how ever human nature being what it is and when you have got to go some times things change.

MrGrumpy - I'm glad your air ranger survived. And hope you were not too banged up. Just hoping my wolverine will as well. I've been visualising the moment you hopped over the 'low' wall and s en the other side. Was it like 'oh crap!' by any chance?

Sandyman1963 - OWW! I bet you felt similar to me and a few choice words were said. What damage did the rifle sustain? Hopefully not too much.

Thanks

Ross

The good news is that stock breaks can nearly always be repaired at least to make them serviceable. Do not despair.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

There's a Wolverine for sale at West Country Guns, Wiveliscombe. You might get a deal on stock only.

Also get in touch with Nath on , he's a master at repairing stocks.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Ah, the system doesn't allow me to give an address.

I'll do it another way.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi2k View Post
    Hi MrGrumpy

Thanks for the info, I'll send them an email and keep my fingers crossed.

What happened? Well, visited my local range today and had a lovely day shooting a couple of my rifles with friends, the wolverine being the last one. Got a message from the misses that she was finishing early, changing the time for me to leave so I started packing up. Was chatting to a couple of the guys while doing so and then the phone rang.m Answered that then got distracted by another conversation. Then realised the time and realised I really had to get going.

As I was distracted by the phone, conversations etc, I did not do my normal check routine. Picked up the bag and discovered to my cost that I had not fully zipped it shut! I watched as the rifle fell out and headed down towards the cold, hard floor.

I did my best to first catch it and them hinder it's decent with my foot - to no avail. My knees and back are not what they used to be since playing rugby, work and other such activities when I was younger and could not get it in time. Imagine my face as I watch it bounce and then make a horrid sound.

Anyway, the outcome is I currently have a shortened Wolverine C. The stock has snapped in the thumb hole area at the top and bottom. It is a clean break however and it may be able to be repaired. Alas, it was a fantastic piece of walnut and I'm hoping the repair will be almost seamless.

However, if I do ever want to sell the gun I know a repair will hurt the value - hence why I'm on the lookout for a potential replacement. Also as a backup if the current stock cannot be fixed for any reason.

Please don't judge me too harshly! I know it's a rookie mistake, but accidents do happen. Will make sure I do my checks fully without fail in the future.

ATB

Ross
    Ross,

I feel for you mate. As mentioned above Nathan does excellent work on stocks, I don't know if I can mention the forum he shows his work on but if you don't know, drop me a pm and I will pass his details on to you.
    I'm sorry but I can't resist my next comment so please take it in the good humour it's posted. When you say you were haveing a lovely time shooting a couple of rifles with your friends, surely after a while something's going to break.

Hi all

Quick update on the wolverine stock situation.

I visited my local gunsmith with the rifle and asked him 'was there any chance?....' He took a look and replied 'how the.....?'. Explained and he gave me a smile and said 'Sure! Leave it with me for a week.'

I return the following week hoping for some small miracle and knock on the door. He opens it, see's me and with a smile says 'Ah, your here to pick up your rifle! It's over here all ready.'

I take a look and the fix is great! You have to look close to see the place it broke. So I was relieved and I had my rifle back! I turn to thank him and he replies 'Oh, and the indexing pin was a bit suspect so that's been replaced.' Once I had taken this in I asked how much Daystate charged him for that? His reply was 'I don't bother contacting them for that sort of thing. I've made a bespoke one for the gun.' in a matter of fact way.

He continues 'And it seemed a bit low on power to me so I chrono'ed it and it was, so tweaked it and gave it a bit of a tune. It's now shooting at 11.4. That OK?'. Once I'd recovered from this info, I stammered a reply something like 'err Yeh! Thanks for all that. How much more do I owe you?'

His reply? 'Nothing more, all part of the service.' Well, I bet you can guess how I was feeling as I said goodbye and walked out the door carefully (very carefully I can say!) back to my car. He has earned the right to repair any of my rifles in the future I can happily say.

Thanks for for all you comments and help - it's much appreciated.

atb

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi2k View Post
    Hi all

Quick update on the wolverine stock situation.

I visited my local gunsmith with the rifle and asked him 'was there any chance?....' He took a look and replied 'how the.....?'. Explained and he gave me a smile and said 'Sure! Leave it with me for a week.'

I return the following week hoping for some small miracle and knock on the door. He opens it, see's me and with a smile says 'Ah, your here to pick up your rifle! It's over here all ready.'

I take a look and the fix is great! You have to look close to see the place it broke. So I was relieved and I had my rifle back! I turn to thank him and he replies 'Oh, and the indexing pin was a bit suspect so that's been replaced.' Once I had taken this in I asked how much Daystate charged him for that? His reply was 'I don't bother contacting them for that sort of thing. I've made a bespoke one for the gun.' in a matter of fact way.

He continues 'And it seemed a bit low on power to me so I chrono'ed it and it was, so tweaked it and gave it a bit of a tune. It's now shooting at 11.4. That OK?'. Once I'd recovered from this info, I stammered a reply something like 'err Yeh! Thanks for all that. How much more do I owe you?'

His reply? 'Nothing more, all part of the service.' Well, I bet you can guess how I was feeling as I said goodbye and walked out the door carefully (very carefully I can say!) back to my car. He has earned the right to repair any of my rifles in the future I can happily say.

Thanks for for all you comments and help - it's much appreciated.

atb

Ross
    great customer service.

Glad its sorted for you
    That is some serious service !!
    In answer to your questions about falling over the wall it went ahhh shhhhhhhiiiiiiii THUD

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Glad its sorted for you
    That is some serious service !!
    In answer to your questions about falling over the wall it went ahhh shhhhhhhiiiiiiii THUD
    Well, I guess it would be a little late to mention the old saying 'look before you leap'?

The he service was fantastic. I have recommended him to a coup,e of mates and they have had a repair and a rifle mod done already since. Great bloke as well.

atb

Ross