Thread: Hawke Shot Saver

Hawke Shot Saver

I got a free loan of a Hawke shot saver from the gunshop where I bought my Hawke Sport HD MAP 6x40. I was trying to zero my scope for 30 yards but the instructions with this product are pretty unclear.

Anybody tell me how to use the grid in the collimator to set my scope to 30 yards?

Thanks,

Sub Sea Sniper
    . . .and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever.

Wraith Guest
    Mate
    set your target at 15 yards and fire a few shots. Inside 5 you'll be there
    Move to 35 yards and fine tune

You will alway have to fine tune - the shot saver is only any use when you are spending money on shells

aaront Guest
    the shot saver is handy for lining the vertical of your scope with the barrel but zeroing depends entirely on the rifle and pellet combination you are using and there is no device you can stick on the end of any air rifle that will zero it without needing to fire a shot to check

Cheers guys, just went out the back and tried the scope (after trying to set it up with the scope saver). I was zeroing the scope against a target and had real trouble getting the target and reticule in focus at the same time. What am I doing wrong?

I am used to a scope with AO and this new doesn't have that. I tried turning the focus eyeball to either limit of the thread but couldn't get it to work. This is freaking me out. My garden range is about 17metres, surely I should be able to focus on target and reticule at that range?

The light is fading so maybe thats where the difficulty comes from. Any ideas?

Sub Sea Sniper
    . . .and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever.

17 m is a bit close, you may have to reparallax the scope.
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.