Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamo swarm

Gamo swarm

I see the new 10 shot break barrel from gamo , the "swarm" is soon to be released. Hope to try one out at the show in a couple of weeks. A couple of interesting videos on u tube. Can't wait to try one. Game changer ????

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I see the new 10 shot break barrel from gamo , the "swarm" is soon to be released. Hope to try one out at the show in a couple of weeks. A couple of interesting videos on u tube. Can't wait to try one. Game changer ????
    Is it an updated version of their Paratrooper and Sniper autoloaders from the 80's?

If so then no. No it isn't.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Repeating pellet-firing springers are not exactly new.

Haenel Mod V.
    Gamo Expomatic/ASI Sniper repeater.
    Ditto ASI Paratrooper version.
    Gamo multi shot b/b from the late 90s.
    Air Arms Firepower and other A/L variants.
    Relum Telly repeater.
    Theoben SLRs.
    BSA Gold Star.
    Diana 300R.

So, no, it's not a new idea, and if it apparently retails for as much as a Weihrauch, while having the quality and performance of a Gamo, it will not succeed.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I've just watched a video about it, it uses a BSA Superten style rotary mag but it slots into a dirty great big plastic carbuncle on top of the rifle, you won't be able to use any open sights on it and you will have to use high mounts with a scope, it ain't no Goldstar.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    . it ain't no Goldstar.

Pete

Oh, not all bad then?

Well, there is nothing else out there at the moment, and I am sure there are many less miserable springer fans out there who would love one. Blimey ,there are some grumpy folk out there. Me , I find it exciting and look forward to trying one. And not just so I can moan about it.

Well, there is nothing else out there at the moment, and I am sure there are many less miserable springer fans out there who would love one. Blimey ,there are some grumpy folk out there. Me , I find it exciting and look forward to trying one. And not just so I can moan about it.
    We're not grumpy, just experienced.

Buy a Gamo, auto load or not, then you can join us in our happy and joyous warnings to others.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Buy a Gamo, auto load or not, then you can join us in our happy and joyous warnings to others.
    Yeah, this. Some of us have been around this block before. Great if Gamo have finally made a really good gun, and a good repeater, but experience makes me doubt either proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

No one has yet seen, let alone handled one in the flesh,yet already cheap shots( pardon the pun) are being taken. As for experience, your not talking to a springer newbie, but I am an enthusiast who is not swayed by brand snobbery.

I've owned at least five Gamos over the years, and quite liked all of them. But was also aware of their limitations.

As tinners suggests, how about you buy one of this new model and report back?

I certainly intend to try one as soon as I can. My own Goldstar been transformed by the new BSA mags, and this " swarm "would appear to be a lot lighter,(no under lever). With a BSA barrel, should be good if the price is right.

I certainly intend to try one as soon as I can. My own Goldstar been transformed by the new BSA mags, and this " swarm "would appear to be a lot lighter,(no under lever). With a BSA barrel, should be good if the price is right.
    Now see, my Goldstar comment was a playful swipe at Pete and nothing more. I have no doubt whatsoever that it was a fine rifle.

As to whether the Gamos have BSA barrels or BSA's have Gamo barrels I don't know, but all Gamos are a bit pony as are all BSA's that have been made by Gamo with a BSA badge nailed on after. Make of that what you will, a leopard may change his shorts! However, I feel you might find the experience lacking compared to your Goldstar.

Sorry but I must totally disagree.I have several BSA springers, including a new lightning. Superb gun !!! Yes it's a lightweight carbine, and your technique has to be spot on, but get it right and it will match anything out there. And BSA barrels are very,very good.

Sorry but I must totally disagree.I have several BSA springers, including a new lightning. Superb gun !!! Yes it's a lightweight carbine, and your technique has to be spot on, but get it right and it will match anything out there. And BSA barrels are very,very good.
    Then you'll love it. Enjoy!

Plastic Gamo carp!