Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gamo swarm

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    As Nick said, we like to have a bit of a playful banter on here, I'm a promoter of all things British made and a life long BSA fan, where Nick just sits on the fence taking pot shots, unless it's anything to do with HW35's then he's in my den with me hurling every conceivable object that ain't bolted down over said fence at the Panzer huggers before he climbs back on it after the dust settles (my little return swipe at Nick), I feel that BSA's have fallen at a few hurdles over the past few years (mainly since being owned by Gamo) and I feel that the current batch of BSA springers could be better but I feel they also get a bad ride from most on this forum (but I can see where they are coming from) BUT a couple of the Panzer lovers on here would still be happy to see an excellently built BSA springer one day but alas they let us down.

As for the Gamo, it will probably be just another rifle to their ever growing catalog, unfortunately it's a bit of a fugly brute and like you say the Goldstar is an excellent rifle, well built and as good as any HW but only let down by the poor mag but if the new mags have improved it then even better.

Photo HERE of new Gamo mag system, which looks a bit easily "knockoffable" to me.

Cheers

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 30-01-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I have a Goldstar fitted with a new mag and it works faultlessly.IMO the Goldstar is one of the finest rifles BSA ever made it's an accurate and well made rifle.

ATB.

secretagentmole Guest

Gamo maybe looking to move upmarket.

Look at their PCP rifles, rebadged BSA Ultras and Scorpions fitted with a Gamo trigger (that is actually nice to use as well).

Maybe this is the start of an appreciable quality climb.

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Sorry but I must totally disagree.I have several BSA springers, including a new lightning. Superb gun .
    Really ?? oh yes I remember now, there was one Lightning fan on the BBS

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've just watched a video about it, it uses a BSA Superten style rotary mag but it slots into a dirty great big plastic carbuncle on top of the rifle, you won't be able to use any open sights on it and you will have to use high mounts with a scope, it ain't no Goldstar.

Pete
    Yes, it needs to be based on a fixed barrel rifle really. Other wise what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Really ?? oh yes I remember now, there was one Lightning fan on the BBS
    A bit pointless and childish !!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Look at their PCP rifles, rebadged BSA Ultras and Scorpions fitted with a Gamo trigger (that is actually nice to use as well).

Maybe this is the start of an appreciable quality climb.
    I suspect the same, i think they are trying to climb up the ladder

$199.99 (yes that's dollars) including scope and mounts.

I'm sure that it's going to be real high quality, not...

I have a gamo swarm on order in .22 cal , but then I buy what appeals to me
    not the herd!!!!!
    atb brian

I have two Lightnings, a sprinkling of HW's, an SMK XS19GR and, as I write, i'm contemplating a Cometa Fenix and another 30s. I like what I like just like countryboy so I'm in his gang on this, variety being the spice etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    As Nick said, we like to have a bit of a playful banter on here, I'm a promoter of all things British made and a life long BSA fan, where Nick just sits on the fence taking pot shots, unless it's anything to do with HW35's then he's in my den with me hurling every conceivable object that ain't bolted down over said fence at the Panzer huggers before he climbs back on it after the dust settles (my little return swipe at Nick), I feel that BSA's have fallen at a few hurdles over the past few years (mainly since being owned by Gamo) and I feel that the current batch of BSA springers could be better but I feel they also get a bad ride from most on this forum (but I can see where they are coming from) BUT a couple of the Panzer lovers on here would still be happy to see an excellently built BSA springer one day but alas they let us down.

As for the Gamo, it will probably be just another rifle to their ever growing catalog, unfortunately it's a bit of a fugly brute and like you say the Goldstar is an excellent rifle, well built and as good as any HW but only let down by the poor mag but if the new mags have improved it then even better.

Photo HERE of new Gamo mag system, which looks a bit easily "knockoffable" to me.

Cheers

Pete
    video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFfX03AShkc

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    I have a gamo swarm on order in .22 cal , but then I buy what appeals to me
    not the herd!!!!!
    atb brian
    Quite right!

They laughed when I bought my Beeman Dual.
    Still are!

N j guns in builth wells . £255.00. now that's a bargain.

Not when they are only $199.00 in the States!

Are the Gamo's really that bad, I've just got back into the hobby and not wishing to spend a fortune I opted for the Gamo Varmint Barricade Maxim rifle in .22 comes complete with a 3-9X40WR Gamo scope, £189, so far i've only shot about 30 - 40 pellets after zeroing the scope and have been quite happy with it so far I've been getting 5 shot groups mostly within an inch at 25 yards and in pretty windy conditions, considering it's a new gun and i havn't shot a thing for at least a couple of years I didn't think this was to bad. I managed to rig up the combro and over ten shots didn't get much variation on 11.4 ft lb's using RWS Super Fields.