Thread: The replica! Can you help?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'll see if I can find the sticker again, it was in the loft with my old shooting stuff. Won't be soon as I have stuff all over the place, floorboards up in three bedrooms and the bathroom with nothing in the kitchen due to a refit. My shooting stuff seems to have migrated all over the place as well, the sticker may be tucked away in a cartridge box somewhere if I still have it.
    She was only an Admiral's daughter but her naval base was full of discharged seamen.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Thanks all those who have helped with parts and research, Arthur, Bob, Russ, and Drew, well, its now finished!

I spent yesterday making the trigger linkage, and skeletonising the guard, I'm surprised that other owners have not done this mod as well, as you do need huge hands to reach the trigger, many of the old rifles do seem to be built for giants, and its a far nicer rifle with 2 in sawn off the stock and the trigger that can be reached by normal people.

Then this morning I did the rebuilding. I then shot it for the first time with other than felts, its still a bit oily which needs to be shot out, 40 years ago we only put oil on the outside, but very impressive, just using the tin of pellets I had handy, which was R10 rifle 4.49, I think it would be happier with 4.50. The ten metre 5 shot group was one ragged hole and my rest technique is not that special, and I got it shooting consistent 10.9's at ten metre's rested.

The wife had a quick grope on it, and declared it very heavy! I weighed it and at 4.8 Kg's its identical to her current Walther LG400, but it really shows the difference 40 years has made as that weight is very forward, and most is in the very solid action, where the new rifles are mid balanced. Ergonomics has moved on a lot in 40 years, But, it looks superb.

She'll shoot it next week, so I'll get some pictures then, I did suggest she shot in on her next county team round, but got an old fashioned look so I think that meant no!

Thanks for your help guys, I'll send you all pictures when its christened,

And now I full expect the original to surface!

Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 10-03-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Great stuff, Robin. I was hoping the replica would find its way into competition, unlikely as this may sound. Even a head to head against the Walther.
    Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Robin,

Excellent

Looking forward to see the pictures

Have fun & a good weekend !

Best regards

Russ

Well done Robin - you have completed your replica and it works!

More good news for you - I have found a mint ( as new) handbook for the Model 75 Match Air Rile complete with warranty document.

This looks like a new and un-read copy and the warranty information is blank - so maybe you could try to register the warranty on your "new build" to see how good the German sense of humour really is

This handbook does not have either the Original or Diana badge/logo printed on it, so maybe you could produce your own "Robin Replica" logo and keep it with your (almost) unique Model 75.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Thanks Bob

That's great, a genuine handbook, the last link, I can look to set up the trigger now, she's not bothered about shooting it, but still said the trigger was a bit spongy!

I have a 40 year old Gunguard case for it, although the original was in a handmade wooden case with club and national stickers from all over Europe, wonder it that's still with the gun?

I'll get her to do a shoot with it, just to see how it compares with her modern one, but surreptitiously it will be an MPL round! Shot at 10 mts, to give a fair handicap!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Hi Robin

Just found this thread.

You will have to put some picture up when you have it all finished.

Take care

Andy