Thanks Guys, may be, you may find part of the 75 tale interesting?

Deciding "if" it was her genuine original Original, was quite tricky, as I did not have the serial number, but it was done by a bit of "the little grey cells, dates and history, and an interesting story, so the plot continues!

The very first model 75's had quite different internals, mainly on the internal linkages, and this was the very early type.
The first in the UK were two imported to Dykes in 1977, this was dated early 1977, a month or so before the British Championships that year. It then had to be imported to Dykes, Dykes reserved one of the original two for Pam as she was the only GB Squad member using an Original (then a 66).

I know she got hers a few weeks prior to the 1977 British Championships then held at Cardiff as I had to mod the trigger (short reach) and stock for her. So hers was one of the two, and going by the stamped date on the action of this one, and the date of Cardiff this had to one of the two, but was it hers?

Well, it had to be, why? As she used both!!! Well firstly her's (the first one!) broke down during the first 40 shot qualifying shoot (they did two then), the cocking lever jammed open!!! She stopped shooting, and took the rifle to me, and I took it to the Dykes stand which they had at the championships. (good old days!)

Dykes very helpfully took the other action out of their sole display 75, (they had only just appeared in the UK Pam had hers, so they only had this one!), and I switched it with the broken one, put it in her stock, and with her sights, and she returned to her firing point, and continued shooting!!! The organisers were less jobsworth in those days!!

The broken one became their display one for the rest of the meeting!! Incidentally she won class B and still has the medal!

So first, she used both the first two in the country!! So is this the first one that jammed, or the second one?

Later in an International event in Germany, the same problem occurred, the cocking lever jammed open, Mayer and Grammispatcher, the manufacturers, also had a stand at that meeting, and one of their guys did a quick repair job on the linkage, this rifle has evidence of that repair! So this is definitely the action she finished that 1977 British Championships with, and used after that, and also shot Internationally with, winning her first International medal, two GB Ladies Team silver's at Intershoot in Holland in 1980 shooting with Sarah Cooper and Irene Daw.

Shortly after that they revised the linkage on production 75's, and they are distinctly different.

In early 1981 her Original 75 was sold, (what's started this search and project!), when she changed over to a Walther LGR, and her LGR was a prototype Junior, which she still has, that came about because she told an old gentleman in Germany, she did not like the LGR, and why, and he was a very influential old gentleman! But that's another story.

Good old days, and fun game this shooting!

Have Fun
Robin