Thread: Where to find a good rifle rack for developing collection?

Where to find a good rifle rack for developing collection?

I am gradually building a collection - in no small part due to my presence on this site.

It strikes me that it would be better to display this than to have the contents hidden in cupboards and such like. I find these products of engineering, innovation and craftsmanship are already talking points, when viewed.

Does anyone know who makes rifle racks or where I might obtain one? Probably, it would be quite simple to produce, holding 7-9 air rifles in the upright position, some 50 inches tall, perhaps with a dust cover at the top. A chain could secure the rifles via the trigger guards.

Rgds
    Andrew.

http://www.gunracks.co.uk/products/h...tal-gun-racks/

i bought a 5 gun rack from this guy a good few years ago. Worth having a look even to see his designs.

Haven't used mine yet. That will only be when I get a gun room built....

Displaying Rifles

I have a 1950/60 tall display cabinet[, with a top section [46"high] for rifles and the four drawers below hold my pistols and bits and pieces. The divider for supporting the rifles verticallyis a horizontal batten with doweling inset at about2 1/2"centres. I was lucky enough to obtain a simple[no decoration] "G Plan" Unit. It serves me very well and it has a working lock. Regards Daveh
    If you dont do it today, you might not be able to do it tomorrow!

Gun Racks

Imported a rotary 17 gun rack from these people in the USA. Found it to be absolutely brilliant
    http://www.gun-racks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Imported a rotary 17 gun rack from these people in the USA. Found it to be absolutely brilliant
    http://www.gun-racks.com/
    Morning Ken. Those look excellent. Theoretically, these can be used in Scotland within a secure gunroom.

Afternoon Drew,
    I bought it about 8 years ago and put it inside a lockable cupboard on a shelf so it stands about 800mm above floor level. As the unit is designed to rotate it works a treat for access and the quality is excellent. It has magnets fitted in the top to hold the rifles in place. Absolutely brilliant idea
    ATB,
    Ken

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    http://www.gunracks.co.uk/products/h...tal-gun-racks/

i bought a 5 gun rack from this guy a good few years ago. Worth having a look even to see his designs.

Haven't used mine yet. That will only be when I get a gun room built....
    I just bought a six-rifle rack from this gent too (via his 'shop' on that auction site) and for £45 I'm very happy with it. It's not posh and will look a lot nicer once I've stained it but for the money it seems great. I'll be able to display my old air rifles rather than keeping them in bags under the bed... There's even pre-cut holes so that a security cable can go through and secure the rifles from curious little fingers
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Or if you fancy making a rotary gun rack yourself I did a series of 3 videos showing how I made mine and the second video description includes all the templates to download.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f19bnGfNkSM
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Many thanks for the advice and recommendations.

I have already spoken to Gun Racks, three times. Someone promised to phone me back each time but I am still waiting.

I much admired the American site but am a little concerned about the shipping cost. Probably, a local carpenter could produce something worthwhile.

I have again phoned Gun Racks and left another message: perhaps akin to banging one's head against a brick wall, because it is good when one stops but we shall see if they reply this time!

Kind rgds
    A

I have now made contact with Gunracks but they do not produce in oak or any prestigious wood but, rather, a chipboard type product (a blend of some form, it seems). I might use a local joiner.

Rgds
    A