Thread: Pedersoli spares, anyone?

Pedersoli spares, anyone?

A few months back I was yakking to a range buddy about how he really lucked in to his Pedersoli Kuechenreuter target pistol - bought for about sixty pounds from a dealer who knew DS about BP, and had it lying in an old orange box with a few non-matching accessories.

He told me that he had just had it repaired for the third time - the sear having just broken in two - again. The local dealer charged him £130...EACH TIME!

I told him that -

a. that was outrageous, and

b. I was certain that I could get the part and fit it for much less.

To cut a long story short, I contacted Balasz Németh in Hungary, known on his Youtube channel as capandball, and got one sent to me here in yUK for less than thirty pounds.

A BIG plaudit for the Brothers and their great service [Kapszli.hu]

Fitting it took almost ten minutes, but we had already noticed what may have been contributory to the short life-span of this vital component. The mainspring is HORRENDOUSLY strong, and almost defeated the mighty grip needed to compress it to remove it.

Pedersoli - if you are reading this - please make 'em weaker! M*** is gradually thinning the spring down by gently taking material off each side with a stone.

tac

thanks for the info tac