Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !!!! MPLs 2017 - On Hold Until Further Notice !!!!

!!!! MPLs 2017 - On Hold Until Further Notice !!!!

Hello to All,

Please find notice that the MPLs for 2017 are on hold until further notice.

I do not know when this will resolved

Many apologies to you all, and many thanks for your patience.

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

I asked about this in the forum a week or so ago, so thanks for the update.

I was looking forward to competing. Are you able to say why it is on hold and is there anything we on the forum can do to assist?

Kenny,

Many thanks

I am very mindful WRT respecting peoples privacy, so what I can say is that Mr. Stiles in not in a position to run the MPL logistics at present.

I am discussing a solution, which if successful, should resolve the issue.

If this is so, what I will propose is a shorter Spring-Summer 2017 MPL - probably four months - March, April, May, and June.

Hopefully, this will then be followed by a full Autumn-Winter 2017 MPL.

Many thanks again for your patience.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for the further update Russ and I look forward to it starting in a month or two.

Hello to All,

It looks like we have a solution

The targets etc. will be sent out somewhat later than the norm - most likely towards the end of February.

It is proposed that the full six (6) months of cards will be shot, so six (6) months of cards will have to be shot in ca. four (4) months.

Further details to follow.

Best regards

Russ

Hi Phatman, sorry for my ignorance but what is the MPL comp.?

Thanks Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Max,

The MPL is the 'Muscle Powered League'.

It is a six (6) yard competition for rifle, pistol & rested pistol shot at home. Scores are then submitted for publishing on 'BBS.

It is called muscle-powered as the competition is open only to spring-powered or single/multi-stroke pneumatic rifles/pistols.

So, no CO2 or PCP rifles/pistols allowed.

It is a very good arena for the old classic springers, whether recoiling or recoil-less, to strut their stuff

The competition is shot free standing (save for the rested pistol), pistols to be held in one hand only.

The rested pistol follows the rules set in Germany for this type of shooting - the pistol is held in one hand and allowed a singular point of rest.

It really is good fun - please have a go !!

Best regards

Russ

I would be interested in that as I have recently got a FWB 300 if they are allowed? So you purchase targets shoot them at home and post back to the organisers? Can you enter more than one class as I could have a go with one of my recoilers too?
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Max,

Please enter - it is a great competition

The good thing is that you can mix and match by month - one month I may use my HW99S, the next my TX200, the next..... - same with the pistols - I use my Baikal IZH-46M (SSP), my FWB65 (recoil-less springer), my 1948 Diana Model 5 (recoiling springer), my etc, and I mix and match those as well by month.

In both the rifle & pistol categories, the recoiling rifles/pistols are classed the same as the recoiless.

The MPL is about having fun, particularly with rifles/pistols you would not normally associate with target shooting (e.g. my HW99S & TX200).

Chappies have entered and shot well with rifles such as the HW30S, just using the open iron sights

Mr. Stiles will be putting the formal notice up soon for the Spring/Summer 2017 MPLs - please enter and give your FWB300 & other rifles/pistols an airing

Best regards

Russ

P.S. you are about 25 miles from Mr. Stiles

Ok thanks Russ I will keep my eye out for the thread. Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

MPL Comp

Good evening Russ,where can i get information about this competition?
    I have a Baikal break barrel and i may know another couple of people who may be interested,but would like more information.
    Don.

Hi Don

Here's a link to the previous MPL info:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....highlight=2016

Hope this helps.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I would be interested in that as I have recently got a FWB 300 if they are allowed? So you purchase targets shoot them at home and post back to the organisers? Can you enter more than one class as I could have a go with one of my recoilers too?
    Hi Max,

Your FWB 300 makes a very good choice of MPL match rifle.

As you are in the locality you would be welcome to pop across to see us at RMTC any Tuesday or Thursday evening (PM me for more details if you are interested) and have a chat about the 6 yard MPL series and maybe enjoy a shoot with us in the club with your 300S at 10 meters.

You could also enter and collect your entry pack at the same time (to save the postal charges!) and ask any questions about the competition that you may have.

Thanks for your interest in the 6 yard MPL postal competition .

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 07-02-2017 at 12:01 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    Good evening Russ,where can i get information about this competition?
    I have a Baikal break barrel and i may know another couple of people who may be interested,but would like more information.
    Don.
    Hi Don,

Sorry I am late posting the MPL details for this latest competition but I have done it now and hope you would like to join us.

I think I have posted enough information to answer your questions but don't be afraid to ask if there is anything you do not understand ( because it will probably because I have not explained it well enough )

Thanks for your interest in the 6 yard MPL competition.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyb View Post
    I asked about this in the forum a week or so ago, so thanks for the update.

I was looking forward to competing. Are you able to say why it is on hold and is there anything we on the forum can do to assist?
    Hi Kenny - the competition has been delayed because I have not been able to get things started as quickly as I would have liked to have done - but I have put the threads up now to get things started albeit a little later than it should have been.

Many apologies and thanks for your interest in the 6 yard MPL competition.

Bob.