Quote Originally Posted by sevorg View Post
Interestingly, all my airguns obey this general rule, except the 45 which makes a fairly consistent 5.25 ftlb with anything lead that is a good fit in the barrel whatever the weight! The FTT green (5.5gn) I bought for an experiment manage only 4.8 (at 628 ft/s) but these are a tight fit and are nowhere near as soft as lead based pellets.

JSB exacts and mosquito express do particularly well through the chrono and are a good fit for my barrel, as for accuracy I'm not a good enough shot with a pistol to tell the difference between the many brands of pellets I tend to put through them. RWS R10 produce extremely low variation shot to shot in the 45.

Forgot to add, if you are only using the 45 for plinking and informal target shooting the RWS Hobby and Geco flat heads are really cheap and surprisingly good. Only a tad over £4 from the site sponsor, JS Ramsbottom.
Interesting observation and I'm actually a little surprised your HW45 is shooting that hard... is it an older one? Most I've seen have been in the high 4 FPE range in .177.