Thread: Robin Chainey rifle?

Robin Chainey rifle?

Well here it is, a couple of weeks ago I spotted this for sale and mentioned it here on the forum in case any body knew what it was or
    Was interested in buying it
    anyway temptation got the better of me and a price was negotiated and now it's mine
    So here are a few pictures,any feedback back good or bad will be much appreciated
    Cheers Graham

Whoops that's embarrassing I can't download pics , hang on

Sorry chaps no pics , it's not letting me download... d'oh
    Last edited by grezoor; 06-02-2017 at 08:04 PM.

You can't download photographs directly on the collectables section; you have to use a hosting service then post links to your photographs.

Ged Finn had, and probably still has, a couple of these handmade rifles and has posted photos of them on here in the past.

He is no longer active on this site but he continues to post on the "other site"

I had about half a dozen that I was asked to 'rectify' as Rob was more of an engineer than a shooter.........they all flung a pellet without much recoil but that was about as close to a working/usable gun as they got.

Each of the rifles I worked on was individually hand made and slightly different as he obviously reviewed the design as he was going along, expect the triggers to be agricultural at best, the valving to be hit and miss - power can vary alarmingly.

Some require the barrel to be removed in order to charge with air so no real accuracy or consistency and all the ones I have seen had a power curve like Jordan's right knocker!!

Most used old webley barrels so that would be a good starting point for improvement.......

luckily Gedfinn wont see this as he was in love with Rob and his little frankenguns and would hurl an entire paragraph of late night drunken punctuation at any detractors.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post

luckily Gedfinn wont see this as he was in love with Rob and his little frankenguns and would hurl an entire paragraph of late night drunken punctuation at any detractors.
    That is funny
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.