Thread: 2017 MPLs Have Got Well Again :)

2017 MPLs Have Got Well Again :)

Hello to All,

Mr. Stiles will be posting formal notification for the 2017 Spring/Summer MPLs soon

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Bump for today

Hi Russ

Count me in for the pistol and rested pistol!!

I've yet to get myself a rifle (of any kind let alone springer) but may be for the next series

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

Ta

A fair few chappies have been using springers with open sights such as the HW30S for six yard target & bell shooting with great success - light, easy to cock and very accurate.

I am thinking about getting an HW30S myself soon !

Have fun & a good Sunday,

Best regards

Russ

Hi Russ

I was also thinking of an HW30s, perhaps with a diopter sight added - the Air Arms one can be had for about £30 but I do not know how good it is.

Paul

Paul,

Whilst not of the highest quality, the AA diopter does work well

I used one on my HW99S until I got a Gehmann 590.

The only issue I found, was that the clamping lacked sufficient grip for a springer, so some form of arrestor would need to be used.

The body/clamps are alloy, and the clamping screws are directly threaded into this alloy - I drilled the holes through, and used high-tensile screws and nuts instead.

This fix worked a treat

Have fun & a good Sunday,

Best regards

Russ

The HW 30S is a great little rifle for 6 yard shooting that also performs well at 10 meters too!.

I have a "left handed" Anshultz diopter sight on mine that I was fortunate enough to be given by a friend and it works very well indeed.I am right handed - the left handed diopter only means that the adjustor knobs are on the "wrong side" but in practice it makes no difference to me whatsoever.

A genuine HW diopter would look the part but they are a bit expensive to fit to this value of rifle - but it would look good if you could find a nice 13mm example.

The very small Beeman peep sight also fits and works well and being so small it stays put and does not jump backwards with the recoil.

These can be bought quite cheaply from "that other site" for about £30 and they do look good on the smaller rifle and they are very well made from steel that should last a lifetime .

IJ has been hitting some very impressive scores at 10 metres with his similarly equipped HW30S so it has to be a good choice and is recommended.
    Last edited by zooma; 07-02-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi Bob

Thanks for the input, the Beeman peep sights look to be of better quality that the Air Arms diopter sight and the scale on the side should allow repeatable adjustment between 6yd and 10m.

Looks like I have a wish list!!

Paul