Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value on pellet tins

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by splosh! View Post

if sold on the bay you may get £50 non are that rare
    For ref I sold two unopened little red .177 Eley Wasp tins like that last March, for £12 posted the pair, so yep, £50 is where I believe the money is, here ??? Hope this helps.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    It's a lottery the condition depending on storage, I have had 1930's pellets in excellent condition (normally card packets but sometimes tins) so oxidation varies hugely, with proximity to Oak accelerating the effect I have read

You need to ask for a close up of the pellets to be sure, and compare to online examples as per my Flikr and others as I have seen examples of the ''wrong'' pellet on occasion myself. I too have sold odd tins with all sorts in, but am careful to say that the contents are ''wrong'' as tins are used for all sorts and I have found allsorts in different tins. It could be 100% innocent and the seller not knowing of course.

Back to your question.....Eley's seem to stay in pretty good order I have found but non-genuine are a giveaway by the head ''pip'' if you look closely, and by how well they are made.

ATB, Ed
    ATB, ED
    Thanks for that ed, I have a half tin of webleys here that are dark grey,so I guess that they could be any age....I expect they will get melted for weights as you wouldn't want these going down the barrel.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/